What We're Building
Honeycomb is a service for the near and present future, redefining observability and raising expectations of what our developer tools can do for us! We're working with well-known companies like Hello Fresh, Slack, LaunchDarkly, Vanguard, and more across a range of industries. This is an exciting time in our trajectory, we've closed Series C funding, scaled past the 100-person mark, and been named on ! Honeycomb was also named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for APM and Observability. In this Sales Engineer role, you'll be joining a growing sales team, helping us to expand our value to prospects and customers.
Who We Are
We come for the impact, and stay for the culture! We're a talented, opinionated, passionate, fiercely inclusive, and responsible group of bees. We have conviction and we strive to live every day. We want our people to do what they truly love amongst a team of highly talented (but humble) peers.
How We Work
We are a remote-first company, which means we believe it is not where you sit, but how you deliver that matters most. We invest in our people and care about how you orient to our culture and processes. At the same time, we imbue a lot of trust, autonomy, and accountability from Day 1. #LI-remoteWhat You'll Do In Role:
What You'll Bring:
- Strategize with Account Executives; provide technical support for sales opportunities (or, occasionally, customer success).
- Partner with Sales Team to articulate the overall Honeycomb value proposition, vision, and strategy to prospective customers.
- Own technical engagement with customers during the trial/evaluation phase. Communicate Honeycomb's value based on activities and work with customers on any identified issues or concerns to a successful conclusion.
- Maintain and deliver product demos, demo experiences, and videos to showcase Honeycomb's capabilities to address prospects' business needs.
- Enable engaged trial prospects to move further in the pipe - "Ease of use" features like Open Telemetry.
- Advocate for the prospect/customer, enabling them to justify their decision and investment.
- Support field marketing needs with other sales resources, e.g. staffing booth and supporting conference sponsorships.
- Funnel and prioritize feedback from the field into marketing, product, and customer success teams.
- Collaborate with Developer Advocacy to develop and deliver hands-on training.
- Must reside in the Eastern Timezone of North America
- 5+ years in a technical role, 3+ years of technical pre-sales/customer facing experience
- Experience with Enterprise software sales cycles for a highly technical product, particularly working with development and/or operations teams
- Experience winning in large, multi-pronged Enterprise opportunities with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and related tooling, particularly common cloud infrastructure platforms and patterns
- Strong knowledge of current infrastructure and monitoring solutions and technologies
- Understands the purpose and implementation process for Distributed Tracing or APM in at least one application framework
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages; enough to navigate a codebase and add instrumentation
- Ability to think creatively about a wide variety of challenges. Solution seeker.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of our offering.
- Strong history of showing initiative and a high degree of autonomy
- US or Canada work authorization
What You Get When You Join The Hive!
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and related container technologies
- Experience with deploying and configuring workloads in public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with using Linux Bash shell
- Base + Commission for this role is $210,000 - 235,000 based on level of experience
- A stake in our success - generous equity with employee-friendly stock program
- It's not about how strong of a negotiator you are - our pay is based on transparent levels relative to experience
- Compensation benchmarked to the San Francisco market - no matter where you live (or move)!
- 401k plan to help you plan for your future
- A remote-first mindset and culture (really!)
- 100% employee coverage for Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Time To Recharge - Unlimited PTO, paid sabbatical, 14 US company holidays in 2022, and one 3-day weekend per month
- Maven Inclusive Family-Building benefit including unlimited virtual appointments, coaches & counselors, and $10K 'wallet' to support adoption, surrogacy, IVF, and egg/sperm freezing
- Pick Your Perk - $600 a year to spend on the perks that you care about most
- Work-Life Balance and Flexible Schedule options
- The tech you need AND a $500 Home Setup Stipend
- $200 Reimbursement for Cell/Wifi/CoWorking
- $1500+ Annual Professional Development Allowance
- Up to 16 weeks of paid parental leave, regardless of path to parenthood
- Semi-annual performance conversations (we call them Review & Rewards conversations) - so you know where you stand, and how you'll be rewarded for your impact
- Annual compensation review, benchmarking to industry and inflation changes
Diversity & Accommodations:
We're building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other, and welcome nontraditional candidates, and people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. You don't need to be a millennial to join us, all gens are welcome! Further, we (of course) follow federal and state disability laws and are happy to provide reasonable accommodations during the application phase, interview process, and employment. Please email to discuss accessible formats or accommodations. As an equal opportunity employer our hiring process is ; if we can do better - we want to know!