IT Solution Architect, Experienced
Naval Nuclear Laboratory -> Enterprise Integration -> Information Technology
Niskayuna - Niskayuna, NY 12309 US
West Mifflin - West Mifflin, PA 15122 US (Primary)
Naval Nuclear Laboratory is seeking a innovate Solution Architect to jointheEnterprise Architecture team within the Information Technology (IT) Department.You will provide best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projectssupporting the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). You are a experienced solution architect passionate about planning, designing and building compelling services and products. You will stay ahead of innovative technologies and demonstrate your understanding through effective engagements with the business to bridge the gap between planning and implementation. You will be responsible for designing and building solutions that best meet the business needs and are aligned with the IT strategy and roadmaps. You will be partnered with innovative teams looking to transform the way we do business. Join our Enterprise Architecture team dedicated to delivering exceptional value and solutions to the business and put your solution architecture skills to work!
Senior Systems Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of six years relevant experience; or
- Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of four years relevant experience
Principal IT Professional:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of nine years relevant experience; or
- Master's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of seven years relevant experience
- Prior experience as a solution architect.
- Experience addressing both technical and business requirements.
- Experience in more than one technicaldiscipline(e.g.Networking, Cloud Technology, Applications Development).
- Experience designing solution roadmaps, and system and software architecture according to business strategies and solution architecture standards/processes.
- Experience analyzing business requirements and processes for process improvement against current available technical solutions, while identifying technical impacts and potentially new technical solutions.
- Knowledge of cloud architecture, platform and software as a service architecture and products
- Excellent written and oral communications skills (e.g., ability to generate and present briefings to key stakeholders, articulate technology solutions, etc.)
- Experience establishing key architecture standards, tools, best practices, and methodologies tomeetthe Company's target state and enable its architecture evolution and alignment across the organization.
- SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Fluor Marine Propulsion, LLC (FMP), a wholly owned subsidiary of Fluor Corporation. Naval Nuclear Laboratory personnel are FMP employees who work at four DOE facilities: Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory, Knolls Atomic Power Laboratory, Kenneth A. Kesselring Site, and Naval Reactors Facility, and at the U.S. Department of Defense-owned Nuclear Power Training Unit-Charleston. FMP employees also have an established presence at numerous shipyards and vendor locations. For nearly 70 years, the Naval Nuclear Laboratory has developed advanced nuclear propulsion technology, provided technical support, and trained world-class nuclear operators to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our nation's submarine and aircraft carrier Fleets. The Naval Nuclear Laboratory is a national asset solely dedicated to the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program. We rely on the dedication and innovation of our nearly 8000 engineers, scientists, technicians, and support personnel.
All candidates must be U.S. citizens. Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. FMP is a government contractor and maintains a drug free workplace and workforce. All candidates must be able to pass a drug test in compliance with FMP company policy and 10 CFR 707. Federal regulation requires FMP test for marijuana.
Fluor Marine Propulsion is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Veterans/Disabilities) Committed to Workplace Diversity