Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
The Big Picture:
Mortenson's Portland office is looking for an Assistant Superintendent who will be responsible for providing coordination and supervision of sub-contractors and craft team members within a particular construction discipline.
What you will be doing:
Lead project labor (craft labor, subcontractors)
- Monitor and address issues within weekly labor reports
- Review and approve craft worker certifications and trainings for specialty craft roles
- Participate in site orientation training, first hour orientation, and site safety meetings
- Coordinate review and approval of craft worker timecards
- Participate in hire and dismissal process of craft workers
Coordinate on-site operations/Scope of Work (Equipment, Labor, Schedule)
- Provide guidance on activities including set-up, work in-place, and project closeout/demobilization
- Support and participate with Project Managers on schedule development and updates
- Coordinate with equipment facility and outside equipment providers for project equipment, i.e. cranes, trailers, trucks, Conexus, etc
- Review and verify quantity takeoffs and materials management process during the buyout process for specific scopes of work
- Lead scope(s) of work Production and Innovation Boards and Plan of Day (POD) activities
Other duties as assigned
- Support Safety Manager and/or Engineer with site safety audits, worker to worker observations, etc
- Manage quality control of self-perform and subcontractors' work
Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
Lead team members by example, offer effective coaching and feedback, and effectively manage performance
How you will succeed:
- Shown ability to fulfill development to closeout responsibilities for multiple, complex projects
- Organize and manage multiple project tasks
- Basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Microsoft Office, project and pertinent web application skills
- Shown positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil, or Architectural Engineering or Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years construction management or related experience
- Current driver's license
- Completion of or interest in Master, Journeyman, or Apprentice electrician program preferred
- Electrical circuitry qualified or ability to be qualified by Mortenson Electrical Managers, if necessary
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship