Under the direction of a Senior Analyst, supervisor or manager, the Application Analyst participates in the overall build, documentation, operation and support of Clinical or Business applications and reports. The Application Analyst performs these activities following HFHS standards and processes.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Analyst builds, tests, implements, and supports the needs of their application.
- Support the Senior Analyst in validation/workflow and/or operational meetings for specific clinical, business or report applications.
- Works effectively as part of a team in resolving issues escalated through the Help Desk in a timely manner. Investigates, tests, resolves problems related to application. Ensures a high level of customer service. Identifies or escalates issues that impact infrastructure and application performance.
- Provides preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and resolves problems to ensure infrastructure and application stability.
- Focus on continual improvement best practices by identifying and diagnosing improvement opportunities. Suggests improvements to Senior Analyst, Supervisor and Manager.
- Adheres to Service Level Agreement expectations demonstrated through ongoing support of live users.
- Promotes, develops and adheres to system standards, and best practices. Collaborates across Helios team to develop unified approaches and standard work. Collaborates with other team members to support processes.
- Participates in testing best practices and standards
- Works to implement applications according to requirements, specifications and compliance/regulatory standards.
- Participates in implementation of major version upgrades and special updates.
- Communication & Relationship Management
- Works with other Helios teams, end users, and external vendors to resolve issues while maintaining HFHS Standards of Excellence.
- Provides input to support technology planning
- Works with IT, Helios and Operations management to ensure systems are in line with overall policies, standards, processes, and overall workflows.
- Stays current with vendor capabilities and provides input into software/system implementation strategies and plans.
- Associates Degree / two (2) years of college required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in one of the following:
- Technical experience:
- Knowledge of state-of-the art engineering approaches in design, build, testing, debugging problems, and ongoing technical support. Able to articulate previous examples of workflows and processes associated with previous IT experience.
- Clinical experience includes:
- Knowledge/experience in clinical workflows and processes. Able to articulate previous examples of workflows and processes associated with clinical experience integrated with IT solutions.
- Revenue experience includes:
- Specific knowledge of one or more of the following: bed management, registration, scheduling, revenue cycle reports, professional billing, hospital billing, medical records or coding. Additionally must be able to articulate revenue cycle workflows and processes for one or more of the above areas with a focus on IT integrated solutions.