About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida, and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace, and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Prescott, Arizona Campus Safety & Security Department is accepting applications for Armed Safety Officers to support the department's efforts to provide a safe and secure campus for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Maintaining a highly visible presence on campus through campus vehicle and foot patrols.
- Responding to wide-ranging calls for service, including security related, mental health, medical, and fire.
- Conducting preliminary field investigations of a low to moderate scope.
- Completing all required University and Department specific training.
- Working with department software systems related to the protection of the campus, including Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), CCTV, Access Control, Communication, and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Providing support for special events and sporting events on campus.
- Participation in campus community events as a representative of the Campus Safety & Security Department, in support of the department's community policing philosophy.
- Working extended hours and overtime to meet the safety and security needs of the department and the campus community.
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a 6% gift and will match up to 4% of employee contributions
- Two BCBS health plans - PPO and high deductible plan with a health savings account
- Tuition waivers for employees, spouses, and dependent children
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mailroom and enjoy observation flights
- High School Diploma (or GED).
- Preferred Associates Degree.
- 3 years work related experience as an armed professional. Prior law enforcement, military, or private security. Experience must be within the last 10 years.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
Required licenses, certificates, and abilities.
- Must have the physical ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time, walking up and down stairs, running, lifting heavy objects from the ground, and participating in defensive tactics training of a moderate intensity.
- Ability to pass and maintain the department firearms qualification requirements. Preferred candidate has above average proficiency with firearms. The Campus Safety & Security Department standard is well above the DPS qualification course standard. Candidate must be able to pass the DPS qualification course AND our Department Firearms Diagnostic Course within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to obtain a DPS armed guard card within 90 days of hire.
- Must pass a background investigation, psychological screening, and have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University recognizes the value of diversity and is dedicated to fostering a positive climate in which all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged in their professional, social, and intellectual pursuits. Embry-Riddle is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals. The University does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.