|Job Category||Engineering & Information Technology|
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Internship Programs at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow technically, professionally, and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by including them in projects that are critical to their team's success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, our interns have a seat at the table and make critical decisions that will influence not only their team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's mission.
About Software Engineering in Vehicle Engineering
As a software engineering intern in Vehicle Engineering, you will accelerate the pace of innovation, from design to production. Software engineers are responsible for improving the information flow between mechanical engineering and manufacturing engineering, supporting & increasing the output of vehicle engineering.
What to Expect
Qualified applicants may be reviewed by one or more of the following teams:
* ADAS Test Engineering
* Chassis Engineering
* Design Technology
* Field Quality Engineering
* Noise, Vibration, & Harshness Engineering
* Power Electronics - Manufacturing Test
* Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
* Excellent grasp of fundamental computer science concepts and ability to write well-organized code.
* Preferred backend experience: Python, Go, Java, C/C++/C#, REST, gRPC.
* Familiarity with SQL and non-SQL database structures.
* Eagerness to collaborate cross-functionally with other engineering teams while able to work independently; detail-oriented and execution focused.
* Genuine curiosity and willingness to understand how our products are designed, built and how they operate.
* Proven interest in Tesla's mission to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy, through extracurricular activities, academic projects, passion projects, or equivalent experiences. Desired Qualifications
* Knowledge of or experience with mechanical engineering or manufacturing skills.
* Knowledge of or experience with audio/sound engineering.
* Interest in the automotive industry & self-driving vehicles.
* Preferred virtualized infrastructure experience: Docker, Kubernetes.
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site (free step by step ). Please contact for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.