At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
For a leading and rapidly growing Asset Management firm and in conjunction with the Investment Data Office, the Investment Data Technology Architect contributes to a long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
Are you a hands-on and expert in designing and building integration flows in the cloud environment? Are you experienced and interested in data services and tools to support data movements between data sources and operational/analytical systems? Are you familiar with modern architecture approaches e.g., data mesh?
MFS Investments Data Technology team is actively searching for a Investment Data Technology Architect reporting to the Director of Investment Data Harmonization to lead data integration solutions to implement cloud-enabled investment data platform. We are looking for someone who thrives in an agile, collaborative, team-based environment, working closely with technology peers across MFS, investments professionals and key vendor partners. This position offers the opportunity to shape the future of investment data at MFS.
- Accountable for designing and building the integration flows, and services necessary to support data movement between data sources and operational/analytical systems to be made available to end-users
- Plan, execute and manage the integration and access of data across the MFS data assets with an emphasis on investment data
- Work with business, investment data management, and IT teams to understand investment data and integration needs and develop solutions
- Develop standards, designs, and data maps for data integration, developing and modifying functions and services for data ingestion and analysis
- Collaborate with application teams to design and model application investment data structures and integration in accordance with enterprise-wide architecture standards across internal, cloud and SAAS environments
- Track industry trends and recommend enterprise data integrations to accommodate users' needs, business processes, and investment data governance
- Develop and execute investment data test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, and data science / analytics capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in architecture, design and building complex applications. Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA) required.
- Deep understanding of Agile SDLC, DevOps and Cloud technologies required, in addition to exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms, and processing environments.
- Experience in data integration, data warehouse, and data analytics architecture and design principles. Knowledge of and experience with multiple data integration platforms preferred.
- Solid understanding and experience with investment management focused application platforms (Charles River, Eagle, IBOR technologies, and data management solutions).
- Proficiency with Cloud Architecture and computing models (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc.) with industry certifications a strong plus. Good understanding of strategic and new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing and emerging technologies to evolving business and operating models.
- Knowledge about various architectures, patterns such as unified data management architecture (UDM), event-driven architecture, real-time data flows, non-relational repositories, data virtualization, etc.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the organization, combining facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Hands-on technical experience is preferred in some(or all) of the following technologies:
- Production experience in core data platforms:Snowflake, Redshift,Google Big Query, Azure or related cloud computing experience e.g. AWS or Azure
- Cloud and Distributed Data Storage:S3, ADLS, HDFS, GCS, ElasticSearch/Solr, Cassandra or other NoSQL storage systems
- Data integration technologies:Spark, Kafka, event/streaming, Streamsets, Matillion, Fivetran, Azure DataFactory, other data integration technologies
- Multiple data sources(e.g., queues, relational databases, files, search, API)
- Complete software development lifecycle experienceincluding design, documentation, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Automated data transformation and data curation:dbt
Not sure you meet 100% of our job requirements? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.