Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Construction Technical Representative - Kansas
We are looking for entry-level Construction Technical Representatives to join our Kansas division.
The Impact You Will Have:
What You Will Need:
- Completion of assigned tasks within allotted schedule and budget
- Review and assure the project supervisor of the adequacy of budget and schedule.
- Follow applicable project procedures
- Perform construction observation of construction activities
- Maintain a field book in accordance with project procedures
- Perform measurements of construction work performed and quantity calculations of pay items
- Prepare Inspector's Daily Reports and other project documentation as required by the project procedures and as directed by the project supervisor
- Report to the project supervisor on the progress of work, including technical issues, the status of work remaining to be done, and any noted deficiencies
- Comply with all project and company safety guidelines
- Perform bituminous pavement inspection services including but not limited to yield calculations, temperature checks, width and alignment checks, joint layouts, visual inspection of the pavement mat, slope and grade checks, traffic control operations related to paving, sampling, and core location determination, witnessing of ride quality and contractor workmanship
- Perform density inspection on structure backfill, structure embankment, engineered embankment, and pavement support structure in accordance with procedures and specifications
- Perform construction engineering and inspection on new and rehabilitation bridge projects
- Coordinate project administration including inspection, quality control testing, and reporting
- Perform measurement, computation, and documentation of quantities
- Reporting, record keeping, and finalizing all project documentation for construction work to be performed Perform inspection services for the partial and full painting of bridges
- Perform construction engineering, inspection, and testing services on new and rehabilitation road projects
- Perform technical assistance services for project documentation procedures including project close-outs, local agency project oversight, and office technician services
- Perform inspection services for proper design, placement, uniformity, and operation of traffic control and safety devices. This includes inspection of pavement markings, traffic signal support structures, signing, guardrails, impact attenuators, work zone traffic control setup and removal operations, etc.
- Any other duty assigned by the Project Manager
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- AAS in Civil Technology, Surveying, Construction Management or related curriculum in the technical area of concentration preferred
- Current KDOT certifications or ability to obtain a plus
- KDOT construction experience is a plus and knowledge of KDOT manuals, procedures, forms, and specifications preferred
- Demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills, computer skills, interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Willingness to travel to project sites, sometimes out-of-town
- Good driving record and valid driver's license