At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
In conjunction with the Investment Data Office, the Business Systems Analyst contributes to a long-term strategic initiative to unify and harmonize our investment data. This initiative enables enhanced investment decision making, risk management and client reporting for our multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
Are you a hands-on, and detailed-oriented individual working on the cutting edge of financial instruments, investment data, and analytics? Are you interested in investment data strategy across a wide variety of traditional and alternative asset classes? Are you a thinker who enjoys devising innovative and flexible business solutions to meet emerging business needs?
MFS Investment Data Management Office is actively searching for a Business Systems Analyst to conduct data analysis and usage requirements and focuses on data and integration intensive initiatives for investment data. Primary responsibilities include working with understanding investment and trading data, integration requirements, and guiding solution design and architecture to meet these needs. Familiarity with front, middle and back-office applications is critical to defining the future-state business architecture. We are looking for someone who thrives in an agile, collaborative, team-based environment, working closely with technology peers across MFS, investment professionals and key vendor partners.
- Core Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business cases and requirements primarily related to end-to-end workflows related to Investment data management. Works closely with the Investment Data Office and converts business requirements into stories and functional specifications.
- Engage delivery teams to communicate solution vision and priorities. This includes guiding development and QA teams in sharing details
- Promote usability standardsanddesign solutions with a high-quality, effortless UX
- Assess the risks of solutionoptions and develop plans to mitigate them
- Works to ensure a positive experience for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials, business documentation and trains users as needed.
- Assist QA team in defining, setting up, and executing test cases to validate that the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements.
- SpecializedData Specialist Responsibilities
- Work with Investment Data Office and business partners tounderstandrequirementsfor data usage, analysis, and quality
- Identify and aggregate investment data from internal and external sources
- Guide solution design to meet data and integration requirements for investment purposes and outcomes
- Envision future use cases/scenarios/capabilities for investment data and roadmap solutions to fulfill those use cases
- Identifynewopportunitiesto leveragedataand to integrate data or applicationstoenhancebusiness value from investment data across the front-, middle-, and back-office.
- Coordinate with Investment Data Trustees, Investment Data Product Owner, and the others in the Investment Data Office to ensure data discoverability, understandability, accessibility, and quality
- Contribute to management of investment data stores and metadata
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, computer science, or mathematics
- 1-2 years of experience as a Business Analysis within the investment management of financial services industry or experience as an end user of front\middle\back office applications.
- Basic domain knowledge of Equity, Fixed Income and/or Derivatives asset types
- Basic understanding of investment management focused application platforms (e.g., Charles River, Eagle, IBOR technologies, and data management solutions)
- Experience working with Client and Regulatory reporting would be a plus.
- Understanding of different software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Basic technical skills including usage of SQL and understanding of data and integration architecture.
- Knowledge of data analysis and usage requirements
- Ability to think creatively to meet business needs
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills along with ability to interact with diverse types of users from business experts to development & QA teams
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.