PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for providing overall electrical expertise and supervision to electrical portions of work projects from planning through closeout phases; and assist site management in monitoring electrical subcontractor work.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles - Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What's Possible - in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
The Big Picture:
Do you have the aptitude to anticipate problems, critical issues, and opportunities as they arise? Do you possess the capability to problem solve and create viable solutions?
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Superintendent for our data center projects to provide coordination, planning, and supervision to Assistant Electrical Superintendents, contractors, and craft activities in a specific area of discipline. Positive attitude and behavior are necessary as you will interact with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Demonstrating flexibility, resourcefulness, dedication, and efficiency with a high level of integrity and confidentiality will be critical for success. You will develop and improve customer relationships.
What will you be doing?
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include, but are not limited to:
Coordinate work projects within the electrical scope of the solar project
- Ensure the high-quality installation of electrical portions of project, including underground cabling, invertors, transformers, etc.
- Supervise the installation of the collection system
- Provide drawing, constructability, submittal reviews, and feedback with the engineering team, verifying that the quality of materials, equipment, and workmanship conforms to the specifications and updates of the contract document
- Partner with the Sr. Superintendent in formwork selection, equipment sizing, and site utilization plan
- Work with Sr. Superintendent in development of project schedules and updates, and creation of 3-week look-ahead
- Ensure work teams have the necessary resources and support
- Supervise and ensure quality control of work team, including self-performed and subcontracted work
- Manage and collaborate with appropriate personnel concerned with the connection of the power grid to the existing distribution system
- Supervise the installation, splicing, and termination of fiber optic cables
- Participate in project meetings, and provide liaison between field engineers and contractors or craft workers to ensure electrical components of the project comply with drawings and specifications
- Ensure correct implementation of the Mortenson Project Quality Plan (PQP) and assist in the development and updating of the project control logs and QC documentation; assist with the development of electrical Integrated Work Instructions (IWIs)
Oversight of electrical sub-contractors and craft personnel
- Review/monitor subcontractor procurement of electrical resources, methods, staffing, look-ahead schedules, and coordination with other site activities
- Work with engineering staff to ensure plans, specifications, submittals and RFIs are transmitted to subcontractors accurately and timely
- Monitor Safety, Quality, and Efficiency of subcontracted work on every project
- Coach, mentor and train field personnel, forepersons, and assistant superintendents
- Certify work teams have resources and support
- Ensure the implementation, practice, and enforcement of the company's Zero Injury Program
Other duties as assigned
- Produce various reports; including Sequence of Operation instructions for equipment use and energization of circuits, and written Methods of Operation (MOPs)
- Establish and nurture teamwork environment
- Provide work direction and performance evaluations
- Identify hiring needs and participate in hiring, discipline, and dismissal decisions as needed
- Develop leadership potential through appropriate task assignments and career growth opportunities
- Handle open shop and union issues
- Maintain relationships with all visitors to the site: customers, architects, union representatives, subcontractors, et al.
- Run site work and logistics efficiently, providing suggestions for improvement
How will you succeed?
- Minimum 10 years' experience working with low and medium voltage equipment and cable, installation of collection lines.
- Minimum 13 years supervisory experience
- Proficiency in the installation, testing, acceptance, maintenance, and repair of low and medium voltage cables
- Knowledgeable about current injection, Hi-pot, capacitance discharge, contact resistance, Megger, TTR, Doble, and other methods of cable and equipment testing
- Possess working knowledge of electrical drawings, sketches, and prints, underground duct banks, trenching, manholes and vaults for distribution and collection systems, underground and pad mount transformer usage, SCADA systems used in the power industry, and testing and commissioning
- Experience with Self Perform
- Current driver's license
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
Mortenson is an EEO/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.