As Sodexo Government Services continues to have the proud pleasure of supporting the Air Force, we are seeking an Executive Chef 2 to lead the culinary process at Eglin Air Force Base, FL; serving our dedicated airmen, families and base civilians. The Executive Chef 2 will be a key driver in leading a team of both Subcontractor cooks and Airmen serving a wide variety of fresh and creative offers to our customers. This position will have oversite of an Air Force dining facility located on base.
Excellent advancement opportunities are available to successful candidates as we continue to grow.
The Executive Chef 2 will function as the lead manager in the kitchen and will direct all kitchen staff and operations. Training, menu planning, food quality, food and physical safety, cost controls and client/customer relations are a top focus for the Executive Chef and his/her team.
Eglin Air Force Base is located in the Pensacola, Ft Walton Beach and Destin, FL areas.
We are looking for candidates who will:
* manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
* ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
* manage food costing, controls and compliance;
* have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
* have the ability and willingness to develop and train Airmen;
The ideal candidate has:
* a strong culinary background and Culinary Degree or Certification with demonstrated ability to lead a culinary staff
* excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
* previous experience working in a high volume facility
* strong management and relationship building skills
* a focus on food safety/sanitation and physical safety (ServSafe certification is required)
The Executive Chef must have excellent culinary and supervisory skills and managing people to make every day a better day for the Air Force with the goal of creating dining experiences, not just meals.
This key hire for our culinary management team will possess excellent leadership and communication skills and will be responsible for the successful every day running of the operation. This position will interface with the client and Airmen on a regular basis to listen to and look for opportunities for innovation and creativity.
The Executive Chef 2 will have an active role in managing the daily events and operations related to finance; cost controls, customer service, and will provide strategic leadership and work collaboratively with several generations in the workplace to exceed resident and client expectations. This position is also responsible for the positive outcomes for all planning, organizing and incorporating the Sodexo Policies, Procedures. Reporting to the General Manager, this key management hire will have experience in training and developing staff, and coordinating customer service programs.
Working for Sodexo at Government and Agency locations allows you to provide logistical support for combat missions abroad and for day-to-day management during training periods at home. Across America and around the world, our service offering combines facility and food services together as a customer-centric management solution. Today, we are entrusted with a workforce of a quarter million men and women in public service across 150 government sites and agencies. Our teams engage with international alliances and partners to ensure that those we serve have what they need to achieve peak performance.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.