The Technologist , Medical (Lab) position performs complex laboratory procedures following established laboratory policy and procedures; reports test results, monitors workflow, and manages instrumentation maintenance. Evaluates and ensures compliance with service guarantees and specimen quality requirements. This position reports to the Manager/Supervisor, Laboratory (Lab).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Performs testing on blood, urine, body fluids, or other specimens according to standard operating procedures in the area assigned
Analyzes lab results to check for accuracy and ensure promptness of test results utilizing theoretical and working knowledge of good laboratory practices
Reviews and releases test results into laboratory information system (LIS).
Identifies, researches, and follows-up on events, deviations or other issues and concerns with specimens and requisitions
Consults with supervisor/manager/designee regarding questionable results or deviations from standard laboratory procedures when appropriate
Follows established procedure for reporting critical results (alert values)
2. Performs and documents all QC maintenance and troubleshooting procedures
3. Operates, calibrates, and maintains equipment used in quantitative or qualitative analysis
4. Participates in required Proficiency Testing programs
5. Reviews workflow reports, and communicates pending work and any other issues to the next shift
6. Practices infection control, bio-hazardous and safety precautions; keeps work area clean and organized
Restocks supplies as needed
Participates in quality improvement programs
7. Performs training and competency assessments for all TM's and may act as a preceptor
8. Identifies and recommends process improvement opportunities
Assists in evaluation of new and existing test methodologies, new and current equipment
Assists in the development and compliance of policies and procedures
Assists sup/mgr/designee to monitor workflow and ensure adequate resources
Assists sup/mgr/designee in ensuring inspection readiness
Assists with inventory to ensure adequate supplies
9. Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree in Medical Technology, biological sciences or related field
Current State of Florida license as a technologist
certified by a professional laboratory certifying agency (i.e. ASCP, AMT)
About DaVita Laboratories
DaVita Labs is a state-of-the-art clinical laboratory delivering timely, accurate lab results focused primarily on kidney care with a relentless commitment to quality. We serve more than 180,000 patients and perform 52 million renal tests annually. We make a difference. We enjoy what we do. Our teammates are best in class professionals who enjoy a challenging yet rewarding work environment where fun and hard work intermingle every day. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and a place to call home. As a labs teammate, you become a member of our community and you also become a citizen of something bigger, something great, and something unique - the DaVita Village. With the backing of the overall DaVita brand, we are on an exciting trajectory.
Check out our short video to hear directly from teammates as to why YOU should join OUR Village!
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village:
* A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
* Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
* Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
* A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
* Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
Want to make an impact in Healthcare? Through science, technology, quality and education, we are committed to expanding discovery and empowering lives. This empowerment comes in many forms. From our laboratory professionals to our support roles, DaVita labs not only offers a career to fit each individual, it provides a community and place to call home. Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Join us as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at