Mortenson's success is not a matter of luck; it's a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" over 40 times since 2002...
...What are you waiting for?
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform non-routine planning and scheduling assignments that require the selection and application of complex scheduling principles and techniques on highly complex or multiple projects. This role is responsible for leading and coordinating team members and processes to implement planning and scheduling strategies on our projects.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles - Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What's Possible - in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
KEY RESULT AREAS (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Lead and coordinate site teams and trade partners in the development of project schedules using common CPM scheduling programs on large, complex or multiple projects
- Support group leadership through the monitoring and updating of project schedules on multiple projects or larger projects
- Generate mitigation options and assist site management to formulate mitigation plans to correct scheduling problems on a project
- Coach, mentor, and train other team members in scheduling methods
- Collaborate with Business Development on proposals, including leading successful project pursuit strategy with regard to project schedule
- Support roll-out of all company-wide training plans
- Participate in corporate planning and scheduling improvement initiatives and best practice sharing
- Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling concepts, principles, practices and company software
- Thorough knowledge of standard construction practices, project sequencing and installation methods
- Shown ability to exercise creativity and mature judgment in independently anticipating, identifying and solving unprecedented problems on complex projects
- Strong plan and specification reading, review and interpretation skills with ability to identify concerns in document review
- Knowledge of project management, buyout and contracts
- Working knowledge of 4D visual planning methodologies
- Strong organization and delegation skills as well as the ability to manage the work of others
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer experience resulting in superior service rankings from both our external and internal customers
- Basic understanding of project estimates to assist with schedule development, cost loading and resource loading of schedules
- Ability to interpret and implement customer scheduling specifications and contract requirements
- Ability to quickly understand complex projects at the proposal stage, often without project plans, developing strong project schedule strategies based on anticipated project challenges
- Ability to work in a cross-functional, collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with initiative to seek innovative solutions
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete and timely fashion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills and effective communication including an openness to diverse input and feedback
- Knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity, inclusive behaviors, and Affirmative Action plans and their intended use
- Excellent leadership and rapport building skills with direct reports, other team members, and customers
- Ability to travel may be required based on operating group
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field
- Minimum of eight (8) years construction experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Previous experience implementing basic claims avoidance and resolution techniques
- Experience as a project manager or superintendent is desirable
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position