EMCOR Services New England Mechanical is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: Engineering Specialist-Design Engineer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Engineering and design services for both hydronic and air-side HVAC systems for design-build projects.
- Construction document production of HVAC systems for design-build projects including coordinating with other trades and vendors, reviewing vendor submittals, and field verification of existing conditions.
- Energy analysis of existing buildings consumption, development of energy efficiency improvement measures including savings calculations and scope definition, ASHRAE Level I and II energy audits, life cycle cost analysis, and necessary field survey work to assess existing systems.
- Interaction and close cooperation with the project salespeople, engineers, project managers, and field supervisors in a timely manner to meet project proposal and construction schedules.
- Support all company operations with technical support including systems and equipment troubleshooting as directed by supervisor.
- Engage in the process of design and layout review of selected projects developed by other personnel as directed by the Engineering Manager.
- Develop proposals in cooperation with salespeople. Qualifications: Knowledge of, and ability to perform HVAC and energy engineering calculations and evaluate existing systems and equipment operation.
Education and/or Experience: Graduate of a recognized mechanical engineering program with minimum 2 years design experience. Energy analysis experience a plus.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading of both architectural and building trades.
- Knowledge of sheetmetal and hydronic piping layout and fabrication.
- Knowledge of coordination with other building trades.
- Knowledge and ability to design HVAC systems. Plumbing design experience a plus.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software. Experience with Trane Trace a plus.
- Working knowledge of AutoCadd and Revit/BIM software and ability to apply industry standard drafting principals
We offer our employees a highly competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package including PTO and 401k with match. We are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.