EMCOR Services New England Mechanical (NEMSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including including HVAC, mechanical and electrical construction services, engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: -- HVAC Chiller Service Technician
Job Summary: --New England Mechanical Services is currently seeking an HVAC Chiller Service Technician to perform maintenance, repairs, modification and troubleshooting of primarily centrifugal, screw, reciprocating and scroll, air cooled and water cooled chillers, refrigeration equipment, boilers (water/steam) and unitary HVAC equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine and preventative maintenance on chiller and boiler unit's electrical and mechanical components. This includes:
- Supporting equipment such as chillers, compressors, purge units, cooling towers, pumps/motors, valves, boilers, and unitary equipment.
- Excellent record keeping, including refrigeration and operation logs.
- Chiller/boiler components, refrigeration units and supporting equipment, meters, relays, sensors, analog, VFD's, switches, controllers, gauges, thermostats and other similar devices.
- Performs major repairs on chillers and boilers. This includes:
- Following all EPA guidelines in recovering refrigerant, replacement of O-rings, gaskets, seals and bearings, sleeve Babbitt, thrust/counterthrust and roller bearings.
- Performs boiler inspections and PM teardowns per current state of CT code guidelines
- Performs work on cooling tower gear boxes, drive couplings, intermediate shafts, fan blade pitches, centrifugal pumps, and seal replacements.
- Ability to work on the following equipment brands: Trane, Carrier, York, Daikin, Smardt and McQuay Centrifugal, Reciprocating, and Screw Chillers.
- Ability to work on the following equipment brands: Cleaver Brooks, Hurst, Lochinvar, Fulton, HB Smith, and Patterson Kelly.
- Utilizes CFC and HCFC refrigerant recovery equipment, maintains records and performs all service and maintenance repairs in accordance with current EPA regulations.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed.
Qualifications: -- -
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational or technical school diploma in HVAC or Refrigeration from an accredited Institution required OR a recognized apprenticeship program. but not limited to service and operation as well as tear down
- 5 years minimum experience
- Must have a clean driving record
- Boiler and steam experience a plus
- EPA Certified
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.