PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Review, analysis, management, and resolution of field coordination issues with project team members and participants.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL TEAM MEMBERS
At Mortenson, we believe everyone is a leader. For that reason, every team member is expected to apply our leadership principles - Do the Right Thing, We Before Me and Inspire What's Possible - in their work. This means we act with dependability, initiative and a positive attitude to produce high quality work and deliver an exceptional customer experience. We are on time, productive and consistent in our attendance. We approach work as part of a team, listen to the opinions of others and cooperate to achieve project goals. We accept direction from supervisors and seek out constructive feedback. We follow rules and procedures to ensure quality work and safeguard the wellbeing of ourselves and others. We push to exceed the established goals, standards and accountabilities of our positions to increase quality, safety and innovation.
All team members are responsible for supporting a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment, as well as positively contributing to our company culture. This begins by aligning with Mortenson's values and ethical standards as stated in the Mortenson Code of Ethics and Business Conduct, in addition to abiding by the procedures and practices outlined in the Mortenson Operations Manual.
KEY RESULT AREAS (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Interpret project plans, specifications, and details for subcontractors and craft persons
- Implement pre-construction quality plan
- Obtain and maintain all necessary construction permits and work with Project Manager for fee payments or recurring permit expenses
- Develop and maintain: Material Tracking List, Project Test and Inspection Listing, Concrete Placement Log, Non-Conformance Report
- Manage, create, and distribute contract documents
- Establish handling procedures for electronic documents, including Request for Information (RFI) and correspondence
- Incorporate all processes and procedures that support the project closeout phase
Manage all aspects of testing and inspection processes for the construction quality management program
- Implement three-phase inspection system
- Establish reporting formats, protocols, schedules, and any off-site testing procedures
- Notify the Project Manager and Superintendent promptly of test results or inspection items that do not conform to contract requirements
- Set up register in accordance with project specifications and obtain the customer/architect's approval
- Prepare project-specific transmittal forms in PCMS
- Coordinate packaging, review, and processing of submittals
- Expedite submittals to ensure material deliveries are in sync with the project schedule
- Communicate details and requirements for the submittal process to subcontractors and suppliers
- Issue submittal requirement letters outlining packaging and processing requirements
- Provide periodic updates of the submittal register to the customer or architect
- Coordinate details of various subcontractors, including verifying insurance, preparing paperwork, and requesting final payment from Finance
Develop and distribute RFIs and Change Orders
- Define and implement procedures for posting revisions and updates to as-build construction documents
- Incorporate subcontractor as-built documentation in procedures for revising/updating contract documents
Effectively work and build relationships with those of diverse backgrounds and organizational levels
Lead team members by example, offer effective coaching and feedback, and effectively manage performance
Other duties as assigned, including:
- Determine alternative work methods as needed
- Coordinate safety and compliance for all team member
- Maintain schedule of timelines and follow through until completion
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years of related experience
- Current driver's license
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.
Visa sponsorship is not offered for this position.