About The Position
The Operating Supervisor supervises the operation of Callaway Energy Center to ensure the safe, legal and efficient operation of the nuclear power generating unit.
Key responsibilities include:
* Manage and direct a team of approximately 10 employees.
* Direct Reactor Operators in the control room performing procedures to maneuver and operate the plant.
* Supervise Operations Technicians in the field performing local system operations and testing.
* Administer the Workman's Protection Assurance Program.
* Train and develop crew members.
* Interface with all nuclear departments, internal company personnel, and external personnel as required to support work on plant equipment and systems.
* Maintain and promote positive behaviors in the areas of commitment to excellence, teamwork, respect, integrity, accountability, and stewardship.
* Support performance improvement initiatives such as assessments, benchmarks, and the corrective action program.
* Actively participate in training to develop and broaden the skills of the Callaway Energy Center workforce.
* May be assigned to rotational positions in work control or as a training instructor.
* Assume Emergency Response Organization (ERO) duties in accordance with Callaway Energy Center Radiological Emergency Response Plan (RERP) including responding to assigned ERO facilities within the required RERP response time.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Must meet one of the following requirements: a.) Licensed Reactor Operator with one or more years of experience in the position; b.) Previously a Licensed Reactor Operator at another commercial reactor with at least 1.5 years of experience in the position; c.) Military Reactor Operator with at least 2 years of experience in the position; d.) Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related sciences with a minimum of 1.5 years of nuclear power plant experience.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Good leadership, decision-making, communication and human relations skills are required. After preliminary review, selected applicants must take the First Line Supervisor Test and obtain a recommended status in order to be eligible for additional selection procedures (e.g., interview) designated for this position. Qualified candidates are required to establish and maintain their permanent residence within sixty highway miles of the Callaway Energy Center. Security screening required for Callaway Energy Center access. Working Conditions The Operating Supervisor works a rotating shift in an office/plant environment. Additional hours and/or callouts may be required during refueling outages and emergent plant activities as the needs arise.
Ameren's selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.