Morley Moss is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Morley Moss is part of EMCOR Construction Services, a $800 million firm with offices throughout the United States and is ranked as one of the nation's largest electrical contractors.
Since 1984, Morley-Moss has built its foundation on consistently exceeding the expectations of clients with an emphasis on the core values of honesty, integrity and value. Morley-Moss provides the highest level of customer service through quality, cutting edge technologies, continuing education and an unrelenting safety policy.
The Safety Manager serves as the specialist in safety by developing and implementing best practices and procedures within the company that effectively control accident and health exposures and minimize OSHA citations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Manage Company safety policies/procedures/safety manual
- Revises, updates/maintains safety manual (review OSHA, make changes to manual, update change log)
- Develops/approves policies for specific work activities, tools/equipment (write policy/procedure for new equipment in accordance with OSHA/applicable standards)
- Develops/approves letters of variance for site specific issues (reviews policy, tools/equipment for options)
- Create training and roll out programs for new policies/procedures (select training materials, review OSHA/Company/industry standards, draft/review training)
Manage injury/incident reporting/investigation/claim management
- Approves/develops/manage injury/investigation reports (create report forms, complete first report/cause map/incident investigation report/supplemental information documents)
- Track/report/record injuries requiring medical treatment (maintain injury/incident log, OSHA 300 & 300a, monthly CFO reporting, individual incident reporting, determine recordability)
- Report major incidents per OSHA requirements (contact OSHA within 24hrs for specialized incidents)
- Report/track/manage report for work related injuries (report to workman's comp, track workers comp cases, maintain reports from claims management)
- Track/report company labor hours/incident rates (receive data from payroll and process data for reporting to OSHA, CEO, CFO, department heads, prequalification for construction bidding)
- Manage/Track claims within insurance guidelines (OCIP's/L&I)
- Manage EMCOR ACTS system (weekly employee counts, monthly labor hours, reporting and tracking of injuries/near misses/ environmental releases/ property damage/vehicle incidents/regulatory agency visits/subcontractor incident)
- Manage Return to work/modified duty claims (Document/process/coordinate return to work and modified duty work, as well as manage claim support for such cases
Develop/approve/document/revise/provide training about safety measures/equipment/ processes
Develop/approve/select safety training programs (determine need/create/locate training materials on specific safety subject matter)
Develop/revise/provide/manage safety orientation program
Track maintenance of training records for Company workforce (electronically track/maintain/archive safety training records)
Source 3rd party training courses as needed (locate trainers for specialized subject matter)
Manage scheduling/documentation of health exams and fit-testing
Update safety training management systems for clients third party verification systems (ISNET & Veriforce)
Develop/approve/revise/audit safety hazard assessment documentation completion processes
- Modify/develop JSA forms (build forms specific to task/site)
- Develop/revise/maintain project/site safety plans (create safety plans based on scope, update as required by Ge/owner)
- Create/modify/revise/approve job health risk assessments (create/submit to client or Ge)
- Create silica work plans (Site specific plan for the control of silica hazards)
- Reviews/audits site job hazard analysis programs (periodic reviews using !auditor without notice)
- Reviews/revises safety hazard assessments plans/documentation per client requirements (based on individual job requirements)
Work with Clients/GC's/Site managers to correct site issues
- Perform/assign Job walks (periodically done with clients/Ge, inspecting overall or specific criteria)
- Attend meetings (weekly safety meetings, client incident review, root cause analysis, "lessons learned", project kick-off, safety stand-downs, division manager, various other work process meetings)
- Develop best practices/protocols with clients/GC & local unions (using technical data/resources/industry experience/"tribal knowledge"/legal standards/consensus standards)
- Build/develop positive safety culture (safety bulletins, company newsletter, interdepartmental bulletins, safety stand-down, field presence/interaction
Other Duties as Required
- Assist in business continuity planning (perform risk-assessments, hazard evaluations, develop
- Safety committee ( co-chair)
- Manage/issue confined space equipment/plans/training
- Manage/issue high voltage/NFP A 70E safety equipment (provide training, maintain equipment/consumable parts, track equipment locations and calibrations/certifications)
- Manage/issue 4-gas meters and calibration equipment (provide training, maintain
equipment/consumable parts, track equipment locations and calibrations/certifications)
- Assist in supply ordering for all company safety equipment ( collaborate with purchasing/site personnel to obtain best product for positive safety outcome)
- Evaluate/test/standardize PPE
- Assist in problem solving in safety issues companywide ( collaborate with field personnel/management to address safety challenges/opportunities)
- Manage industrial hygiene programs companywide (lead, asbestos, silica and other hazardous materials as required)
- Manage/Coordinate Drivers Alert program Contact and obtain response from driver, and respond in Drivers alert system
- GPS Insight monitor (Monitor GPS tracking of selected company vehicles)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS and AA/AA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Experience in a professional role and proven successful experience in a professional safety role; proven successful experience as a safety manager preferred
- Willing to pursue company sponsored BCSP Certification
- Experience writing Health And Safety Plans (HASP's) and Job Hazard Analysis (IBA's).
- Deep understanding of occupational health and safety guidelines/regulations
- In-depth knowledge of the construction industry, federal, state, and city environmental and safety regulations and practices.
- Ability to do public speaking, for safety training purposes.
- Must have a valid driver's license, in good standing.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of project and financial software a
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Ability to draft accurate reports and develop policies applicable to legal/industry standards
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities - especially public speaking
- Must have the ability to make quick yet sound
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.