EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Business Operations Coordinator (DOE - F)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Business Operations Coordinator in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for supporting the operations team with all business-related matters. The candidate will be a well-rounded resource for all material procurement, document management, financial support and developing operational reports as needed. The Business Operations Coordinator will be the site point for training on various systems and software's used on the contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll weekly and bi-weekly
- Submits timesheets to the Chief of Operations for review and approval
- Makes payroll corrections as needed
- Pulls reports for the bio-clock timekeeping system weekly
- Handles employee on-boarding requirements such as:
- I-9 Paperwork
- Timekeeping training
- Entering new employees into the bio-clock
- Issuing uniforms
- Maintains employee records and files
- Reviews financial reports and makes updates and changes as directed by management
- Develops and runs reports from JDE and Crystal reporting systems
- Reviews financial statements weekly and briefs the Chief of Operations on any major issues
- Acts as a backup to any other administrative employee who may be schedules for leave
- Provides training to employees on various software and systems
- Ensures proper records are maintained at the site
- Attends weekly staff meetings with the Chief of Operations and is prepared to discuss operations support requirements
- Develops standards for the contracts document management requirements
- Ensures documents are uniform and complete
- Drives all support and initiatives to ensure the O drive file management system is kept current
- Provides training to both EMCOR employees and customer on how to navigate the "O-Drive".
- Acts as the document management liaison for the contract
- Ensures document process are uniform and meets company standards
- Ensures document layouts meet contract and company standards
- Utilizes various Microsoft Office programs to create standardized documents
- Runs reports from the CMMS system for management
- Provides training to staff on software systems
- Interfaces with departments such as operations, marketing, legal, finance, accounting, field quality, and compliance to ensure service requirements are being met
- Promotes a positive safety culture by fully complying with all safety policies and procedures, and applicable federal, states and local regulations
- Any other duties as requested by management
- Associates or bachelor's degree in business administration, related field or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Must be able to multi-task in this fast-paced role.
- Must be able to obtain a L level security clearance
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Certification in Supply Management Preferred
- Technical Qualifications & Skills
- Expert level- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to understand and review financial documents and have a basic understanding of General Accounting Principles and Practices.
- Experience in the facilities and/or construction markets a plus
- Position requires independent and self-motivated critical thinking and reasoning skills
- Must be motivated, self-starting, personable, self-disciplined, team-player and self-starter
EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.