EMCOR Services Team Mechanical is seeking an experienced Account Manager to join our growing service organization. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for developing sales, profits, and relationships with existing & prospective clients managing all business that is performed through that client. The candidate is to focus their efforts on selling clients the complete EMCOR Service package including maintenance, repair, and replacement. This position will be working with the Operations Manager to fully realize the sales potential within each existing account. This is a full-time position (minimum of 40-hours a week).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishing and developing relationships with existing & prospective clients.
- Seeking out and researching prospective maintenance agreements, repairs and small service projects through various methods (e.g., phone calls, visits, attending conferences and industry functions, utilizing the Internet, leveraging existing relationships etc.).
- Contacting existing & prospective client key positions such as Chief Engineer, Property Managers & Owners to introduce yourself and develop future relationships providing services at the client's request.
- Make warm calls with existing & prospective clients to develop leads for all functions of EMCOR Services Team Mechanical. These leads are to be entered by you and stored in the EMCOR Services Team Mechanical Client Relationship Management Tool.
- Complete turnkey management of maintenance service agreements/clients.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to estimating, selling, contract booking, scheduling introductory meeting with client, and field manpower to complete effective turnover and delivery to client, managing all contract related activity and obligations through contract term communicating effectively with client.
- Complete turnkey management of repair work and small service projects.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to estimating, selling, contract booking, ordering parts/equipment, scheduling (e.g., deliveries, field manpower, subcontractors, equipment rentals, start-up etc.) communicating with client and any other critical items necessary for successful repair and project completion. Complete on-site and off-site project management as required until project completion and payments are fully received.
- Small Service Projects include but are not limited to replacements of rooftop units, split systems, heat pumps, exhaust fans, dampers etc.
- Support & Facilitate client's need for medium to large service projects and turn over to Service Projects team to develop and deliver proposal.
- Developing, writing, and reviewing client proposal documents including financial and technical sections, using EMCOR Services Team Mechanical standard template and pricing models.
- Developing sales at defined margin levels to attain market share.
- Send copies of all completed proposals and estimates to Vice President, Operations Manager, or Service Manager for final review before submission to client.
- Working with the Vice President, Operations Manager, and support team to constantly review and improve commercial account programs to meet targeted objectives.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations.
- Monitor all activity daily for your accounts and proactively respond to issues.
- Review service tickets for follow up with field technicians and clients.
- Manage account receivables to ensure payment of invoices and attend monthly receivable meetings.
- Meet with major clients on a regular basis to review current services provided, repairs, and projects completed, expectations, future needs, and overall client satisfaction.
- Entertain clients for developing relationships.
- Review active maintenance agreements at renewal for contract performance, pricing, cost escalations, and profitability.
- Attend sales meetings with information on active leads being pursued, current, and future maintenance agreement, repair and small service project activity, current obstacles, and actively collaborate to achieve team initiatives.
- Review annually the service products your major clients have purchased and pursue up-selling and cross-selling to maximize each client's business potential.
- Act as the liaison for clients to assist with budgeting, tenant projects, and capital projects.
- Attend organization events such as BOMA, IFMA, Chief Engineer's Association, MCA etc. as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management or related major/experience preferred.
- BS in Business, technical discipline certification or industry experience
- 3-5 years' experience preferred in HVAC commercial service or related field preferred.
- Strong client presentation skills and a demonstrated sales aptitude.
- Financial acumen, inclusive of cost modeling for sales proposals.
- Experience in developing technical and cost proposals.
- Must possess a valid drivers' license and meet MVR requirements.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point). Strong Excel skills are required.
SOFT SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Proven self-starter with the ability to think critically and strategically
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Must have strong initiative, great attention to detail, organized, and reliable
- Requires an ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and adjust to changing situations
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience handling and resolving client conflict in a timely and effective manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to positively impact peers and team
- Ability to work cross-functionally while maintaining a positive attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, etc.
EMCOR Services Team Mechanical, Inc requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to [obtain/show proof of] a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Services Team Mechanical, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.