Job Title: Service Project Manager
About Us: Northstar Fire Protection of Texas is a Texas based company. Northstar has been on the forefront of the fire protection industry since 1980. With offices in Austin, Lewisville, Houston, San Antonio, and Atlanta, GA we have grown to be a nationally recognized company. Northstar engineers, fabricates, and installs fire sprinkler & fire alarm systems for structures including commercial, government, healthcare, high-rise condominiums and mixed-use projects.
We joined Shambaugh & Son, L.P., a wholly-owned indirect subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. and together we perform more than $800 million of construction projects per year with over 2,700 employees throughout 50 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
We recognize people as our most important resource and it is our mission to produce the industry's highest level of quality services and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
The Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of tools and fabrications and tracking labor efficiency. In addition, the individual will be responsible for representing the company at job progress meetings and initiating change orders for the Service Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately define project requirements.
- Identify and manage the personnel assigned to each project and track their labor efficiency.
- Represent the company at job progress meetings.
- Initiate change orders as needed.
- Responsible for field surveying.
- Coordinate the delivery of tools and fabrication.
- Complete contract progress billings as required.
- Estimate remaining "cost-to-complete" for monthly WIP reporting.
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients on assigned projects
- Monitor assigned projects following established guidelines to ensure they are completed as efficiently as possible.
- Communicate with team members regarding project needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Read and analyze job cost reports.
- Respond in a timely manner to inquiries from management.
- Ability to read blueprints and work with design team.
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the fire protection industry, project management is required.
- Extensive knowledge of NFPA and industry standards is required.
- NICET certification preferred
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employee and management.
- Must demonstrate integrity and professionalism.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must prioritize in a fast-paced multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, executed Plans, and Programs.
- Must be willing to travel as required to local project field locations
- Candidates must successfully complete employment background check.
Employer may test prospective employees for the presence of drugs, but must first inform prospective employees that they must undergo testing. Should the prospective employee refuse to provide a sample, or should the sample test positive, the employer may reuse to hire the prospective employee.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled