Marelich Mechanical, an EMCOR Company, is a Bay Area leader in plumbing, piping, and sheet metal design, fabrication and installation. We provide a combination of professional expertise, leading-edge technologies, and end-to-end mechanical solutions that extend from project schematic design all the way through experienced professional installations. Marelich Mechanical uses on-screen conceptual estimating, 3-D modeling, in-house design engineering, and on-line real-time financial management tools to keep projects on track allowing us to deliver all projects in accordance with our client's expectations. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our mission statement: To be every client's first choice for exceptional contracting services, with an emphasis on honesty, teamwork and results.
Marelich is currently seeking highly motivated Project Managers for full-time positions who have a proven track record in managing the construction of HVAC and Plumbing systems from design concept, though budgeting, detailing, construction, startup and turnover to clients in a timely manner.
Expected Responsibilities and Abilities:
- Take-off and costing of all three trades (plumbing, piping, and sheet metal), including the ability to solicit and analyze vendor and subcontractor quotations.
- Interpretation of contract documents to fully understand trade scope as well as legal risks with experience in negotiating contract terms to a mutually beneficial agreement.
- Proficiently understand timing of plumbing and HVAC work relative to other trades. Present and defend plumbing and HVAC durations and sequence of installation to clients for implementation into their schedules.
- Develop project submittals for materials and equipment per company standards as well as manage their flow throughout the approval and purchasing process to meet detailing and construction schedule needs.
- Lead the procurement of equipment and materials management in conjunction with internal company centralized purchasing.
- Negotiate, write subcontracts, and manage subcontracted scopes of work.
- Manage communication between the field and in-house detailing and fabrication personnel in order to maintain a smooth flow of information and materials for field installation crews.
- Pricing of change orders including the ability to understand their impacts to the installing trades, managing implementation as well as presenting, defending and negotiating change order proposals to a fair resolution.
- Preparation of progress payment break downs and requisitions that speed cash flow and maintain a positive position.
- Maintaining good professional working relations with union officials.
- Implementation and managing of QA/QC processes as required to adapt to specific project requirements.
- Modify and maintain project management records to document and track construction progress and overall project delivery.
- Monitoring and tracking labor activities and production reports for use in projecting labor costs.
- Preparing monthly cost reports analyzing current costs, committed costs, labor projections, and other variables to accurately project final project costs.
- Leadership skills to organize differing thoughts, ideas, and departments together to create a unified team to resolve issues and get projects completed on time and on budget.
- Managing and training Project Engineers to assist with above tasks.
Education and Qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent related education preferred.
- Strong interest in all aspects of the Mechanical Construction process including design, estimating, detailing, fabrication, construction, and startup/commissioning of Plumbing, Piping, and Sheet Metal systems in commercial, high-rise residential and healthcare projects.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in simultaneously managing multiple HVAC/plumbing projects to successful completion.
- Experience in managing, training, and mentoring Project Engineers on prior projects.
- Motivated and self-directed, with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work in dynamic team oriented environment.
- Proficient in Construction related software, including Procore.
Marelich offers our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and always looking for individuals with the talent an skills to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.