About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is looking for a Material Handler for a maintenance site in Wilmington, NC. This is a 3 pm to 1130 pm shift.
* Maintain documentation and traceability of material.
* Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment.
* Have a strong understanding of inventory control measures.
* Provide necessary parts/materials to the manufacturing area in a timely manner.
* Ability to deliver parts/material on time to vendors.
* Move material to and from warehouse.
* Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Safely load products onto freight carrier vehicles.
* Analyze and resolve work problems.
* Operate fork lift and other material handling equipment.
* Understand and follow verbal and written directions.
* Able and willing to work in manufacturing environment for minimum of 8 hours per day.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
* Must have the ability to balance multiple tasks/priorities.
* A valid driver's license is required.
* Skilled in both written and verbal communication.
* Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
* Observes SIC/Client Safety processes and procedures at all times
* As required, perform safety inspections of work area, equipment and tools, in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC's safety program.
* Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies . Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.