COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Mandate
This position requires that you must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (even if working remotely) and present proof of vaccination before beginning employment. If you receive an offer of employment, you will be asked as part of the background check process to upload a copy of your vaccination card. If you believe you require an accommodation for medical or religious reasons related to the vaccine safety mandate, you may submit a request after you receive an offer of employment. Instructions on how to do so will be provided in your offer letter.
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Note: We will consider remote work as a possibility for these roles with frequent travel.
This position is a senior leadership role leading the Process Engineering Technology Design. The successful candidate will be responsible will be expected to lead the strategic process technology selection, design, standardization, and utilization of the Hershey Business. This Process Subject Matter Expert (SME) will interact with the Engineering Leadership Team and the Hershey Confectionary Engineering Leadership Team to provide expertise and insight in strategic decisions as well as Process Technology Standards. The Principal Process Engineer responsibilities will include review and approve Process Designs for projects, ensure proposed process solutions facilitate maximum return on capital investment. Expectations are to challenge and advance new ways of achieving best in value process manufacturing results as well as provide process designs that ensure personnel safety and product safety and quality. In addition, this individual will collaborate with colleagues across all businesses to develop and set Engineering Standards to meet the requirements, safety, quality, capacity, capability, and capital efficiency.
- Provides technical leadership and professional guidance as a process engineering Subject Matter Expert, (SME) for The Hershey Company and is fully versed in the in the practice of The Hershey Company Process Engineering leadership. Subject Matter Experience must include expertise in many of the following operations: Powder & Liquid Storage, Weighing and Delivery, Blending Systems, Depositing Systems, Baking and Frying Technology, Seasoning Technology and Process designs for People and Food Safety.
- Provides technical direction in process engineering development, design, scale-up, installation, and start-up. Lead and implement process designed engineering solutions. Provides process management with technical advisements in the design and approach to major engineering and process innovation develop efforts. Interacts closely with Technical and Business leadership in an advisory capacity as a SME for strategic capability and capacity plans.
- Leads and manages diverse process teams comprised of both internal and external process engineers, plant operations teams, external contractors, and suppliers. Able to simultaneously manage multiple large and complex unit operations, devises methods and procedures to ensure process equipment systems operate as designed.
- May represent The Hershey Company in professional and industrial organizations as required. This allows individual to build a strong professional network, maintain freshness by learning current industry practices, and provides opportunity to benchmark process skills.
- May also be required when appropriate, to function as a Project Manager and Process Engineer lead to execute critical process focused engineering projects. Must communicate business critical project activities effectively to all levels of management and manage project process budget, schedule decisions, and final project results. Works well independently, can function well as an individual contributor on a project team, or may be required to manage a small group of engineers as part of a larger project team.
Summary of major duties:
Actively leads, develops, and manages process projects that have the will deliver positive impacts The Hershey Company. Major responsibilities include: Preparing manufacturing feasibility assessments and capital cost estimates for various process-related projects; Process support of capital projects, including process design and equipment selection, creation of P&IDs, preparing equipment and construction bid specifications, and acquisition, installation, start-up of process equipment and systems, troubleshooting, and the training of line supervisors, operators and maintenance personnel; Managing the process engineering portion of capital projects, including cost, schedule, and resources (internal and contractors), as well as leading multi-functional teams in project execution; Developing processes suitable for implementation in a manufacturing facility within the required project timetable; Process optimization during start-up and early production; and ensuring all process designs deliver personnel safety as well as product safety and quality. .
Able to simultaneously lead and manage multiple process capital projects and manage a large and diverse engineering, contractor, and supplier base as capital projects implementation.
Ensures all process project implementation activities are in full compliance with all corporate capital control policies and procedures. Ensures all assigned technical team members are working in a collective manner, work is technically correct for the project scope, and all efforts are executed in a manner to maintain project budget and schedule.
Provides Critical Strategic Directional Input into Future
Actively involved in the development of future process capital projects that have will have positive impacts to Hershey Company business. Provides process technical development, schedule, and budgeting recommendations during project development assessments.
Supplies key process engineering functional evaluations and direction to Hershey's Engineering to ensure comprehensive process project scopes, equipment schedules, and capital budgets are developed. In addition, the principal process engineer is expected to challenge, and critique process scope and capital budget developed to ensure optimal functional design for our manufacturing network.
Secures the Strength of the Hershey Engineering Department by Creating Future Engineering Process Subject Matter Experts
Provides mentoring and coaching to junior process engineers, technical specialists, and project managers to provide opportunities for them to develop essential process technical skills. Focus will also be on developing critical thinking and creativity in these junior engineers, so they can work through the technically complex situations that they will run into in the future.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Education: BS and/or MS in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
Experience: With B.S. Degree: 8 -15 years of Process Engineering experience
Nearest Major Market: Harrisburg