About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally diverse institution providing quality education and research in aviation, aerospace, engineering, and other related fields with residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and Prescott, Arizona. The University's Worldwide campus provides educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South America.
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation; Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security, and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2020-21, there were over 10,700 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University's residential campuses and approximately 32,700 students in total enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is seeking a Manager of Flight Scheduling in the Flight Training Department at the Daytona Beach, FL campus. The Manager of Flight Scheduling is responsible for the overall throughput of flight students within the Flight Training Department. This position is responsible for all flight data management and operations systems, and interfaces with other University departments and campuses to facilitate accurate and efficient integration of flight and student data into the various departmental systems.A qualified candidate will have experience working with and learning applications and comfort working with customized systems.
This position will manage flight student registration between students and the Office of the Registrar, and supervise the Production and Scheduling Coordinator and the Lead Flight Scheduler.
Promoting the Embry-Riddle Student Care and Customer Satisfaction programs by:
- Serving as the Program Manager for the Flight Department:
- Provide degree planning, academic advising, and mentoring services to flight students
- Provide subject-matter expertise to Embry-Riddle departments (other than Flight)
- Supervise administrative support to students in the registration process
- Supervise and assist the pairing of students and Instructor Pilots
- Providing the Office of the Registrar liaison services
- Provide input and assistance to the Office of the Registrar for student academic class scheduling in regards to flight course and ground school offerings for each term.
- Verifying compliance with academic programs as they pertain to flight training
Supervising and providing scheduling services for flight training activities based upon a complex set of priorities to ensure a smooth and efficient flow of flight training operations.
System Administrator for ETA:
- Manage ETA product releases, software upgrades, and performance enhancements.
- Supervise the accurate and timely recording of flight data.
- Liaison between system users and high-level I.T. staff to troubleshoot and provide quality customer service.
- Responsible for payroll of all employees in ETA.
- Provide reports to the Chief Flight Instructor and the Flight Chair
- Plan and implement training procedures for the ETA flight systems
- Provide analysis and recommendations for improvements in flow process and computing systems
- Serve as internal auditor of curriculum-management system and ETA to ensure data integrity and compliance with ERAU policies and procedures, as well as standards set forth by the accreditation board(s) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
Supervising the planning and scheduling of required training events:
- Daily scheduled training activities
- Progress Checks
Communicating with management and administrative personnel:
- Periodic Reports
- Weekly meetings
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
- Management, organizational, public relations, technical, and problem solving skills required.
- Analytical skills with an in depth knowledge of information systems and technical expertise with Microsoft operating systems, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook/email, and Internet end-user applications.
- Campus Solutions experience
- Experience managing a scheduling department
- Prior experience working with timekeeping, flight, or scheduling systems
- Knowledge of flight training processes and requirements; knowledge of ERAU academic policies and courses
Preferred licenses, certificates, and/or security clearances:
- Commercial Pilot- Airplane Single Engine Land, Multi-engine Land
- Instrument Airplane
- Certified Flight Instructor-Instrument
- 500 hours dual instruction given
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University recognizes the value of diversity and is dedicated to fostering a positive climate in which all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged in their professional, social, and intellectual pursuits. Embry-Riddle is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals. The University does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.