Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected.
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don't meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you - don't be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Traffic Engineer - Kansas / Missouri Locations
We are looking to hire an experienced Traffic Engineer. We have the opportunity for this position to be located in any of our 5 KS offices (KCK, KCMO, Topeka, Manhattan and Wichita). We offer opportunities to work with local agencies and DOTs on a variety of complexes. The ideal candidate will be a licensed Professional Traffic Operations Engineer and have significant experience in client development and pursuing, managing, and providing traffic engineering services for public agencies, including DOTs, counties, and municipalities.
The Impact You Will Have:
What You Will Need:
- Complete traffic engineering studies for intersections and corridors, including traffic impact studies
- Plan and coordinate the collection and assimilation of traffic data
- Perform traffic engineering analysis using a variety of simulation capacity analysis software (Sycnhro, Highway Capacity Software, Sidra, Vissim)
- Review and conduct safety analysis studies per the Highway Safety Manual
- Review and interpret analysis from simulations and calculations
- Prepare traffic impact studies, interchange justification reports, and transportation planning reports
- Design and layout various intersection and corridor improvements, including roundabouts, diverging diamond interchanges, and other innovative designs
- Develop plans and specifications for traffic management during construction, pavement marking and signage, and traffic signals
- Compute quantities for traffic engineering design tasks and demonstrate awareness of relationships to bid items
- Mentor and oversee work done by entry-level engineers and technicians
- Develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner
- Perform tasks on schedule and within budget as assigned
- Work independently under the guidance of a Project Manager
- Work with design teams on larger projects
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking
- BS in civil engineering or a related discipline required
- Minimum of 6+ years of related civil transportation and traffic engineering analysis and design experience desired. KDOT and MoDOT, experience is a plus.
- PE licensure required. PTOE is a plus.
- Experience with Synchro/Sim Traffic software, Highway Capacity Software, and other traffic analysis programs
- Excellent communication and client relation skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong organization and leadership skills with a track record for adhering to design budgets and schedules
- Ability to perform complex analysis and design
- Ability to assemble a complete design package for assigned elements or projects
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment