A leading comprehensive engineering design and consulting firm, SSR provides innovative solutions for clients with facility and infrastructure challenges. To achieve client needs, SSR has multiple locations across the US. Working with a diverse group of individuals in a variety of markets, our team of experts partner with our clients to deliver advanced solutions that last.
SSR is committed to providing opportunities and benefits to colleagues that promote living fully. Through various competitive benefits and programs available, SSR supports the health, well-being, and personal growth of its employees. SSR offers benefit options including medical, dental, and vision coverage, a generous contribution to employee-owned Health Savings Account, 401(k) with matching up to the full IRS maximum, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other employee incentives and wellness programs. SSR is a 2019 A/E/C Building a Better World Award Winner which recognizes our commitment to community outreach and improvement.
We feel that SSR is a great place, but don't take our word for it, See what our colleagues are saying at .
Why Choose SSR? Look at our Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages to discover more.
W e are Certified "Great Place to Work"
Looking for a CEI Technician II for Memphis
The CEI Technician II is responsible for onsite inspections of construction projects to ensure the Contractor is in compliance with the contract documents, construction specifications, and state guidelines. Works to exceed the needs of the client. Assists in the supervision and training of CEI Technician I.
- Supports work of Project Managers throughout the course of project cycle
- Records, measures, and verifies quantities
- Reviews Request for Payments and Invoices, approval, sign-off
- Maintains daily logs and field books (electronic or hardcopy) of construction progress, site visitors, problems and resolutions
- Approves construction methods
- Apprises owner of project progress and problems
- Attends (and may conduct) progress meetings to discuss status and problems
- Inspects roadway materials used by the contractor (reviewing confirmation that all materials conform to owner specifications)
- Performs testing of construction materials (concrete, asphalt, soils, etc.) as required by owners specifications
- Creates and approves contract change orders based on field modifications
- May create newsletters showing project status and progress
- Works to meet and exceed client needs throughout project
- Consults with supervisor to determine project details, such as plan preparation, acceptance testing, and evaluation of field conditions
- Supervises and trains CEI Technician I and other field inspection staff as needed
- Reports maintenance problems occurring at project site to supervisor and collaborates to resolve issues
- Responds to client suggestions and complaints
- Engages in self-education and training in order to keep up with current industry trends and changes
- Performs responsibilities consistent with ethical engineering standards in the company handbook
- Writes staff reports, letters, and reports on construction activities as needed
An ideal candidate will possess the following requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent and four years of experience in building construction
- Technical school graduate and at least two years of experience in building construction
- Possession of a valid state issued Driver's License and required auto insurance
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction certification and necessary testing certifications (concrete, asphalt, soils, etc.)
- Basic Computer skills
- Knowledge of DOT Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction as amended, construction regulations and statutes regarding generally accepted construction and trade practices preferred
- Asphalt Roadway Paving Inspector
- Class 1 Concrete Technician
- Soils and Aggregate Technician
- Nuclear Gauge Training
SSR is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Our mission is to make a positive difference for our clients, colleagues, and communities.