About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for a Laborer to work for our Columbia, SC office at a site in Boise, ID.
* Measure distances from grade stakes, drives stakes, and stretches tight line.
* Bolt, nail, align, and block up under forms.
* Level earth to fine grade specifications, using pick and shovel.
* Mix concrete, using portable mixer.
* Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using float, trowel, or screed.
* Mop, brush, or spread paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
* Spray materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
* Apply caulking compounds by hand or with caulking gun to seal crevices.
* Grind, sand, or polish surfaces such as concrete or steel, using abrasive tools or machines.
* Perform variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools such as demolishing buildings, sawing lumber, dismantling forms, removing projections from concrete, mounting pipe hangers, and cutting and attaching insulating material.
* Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
* Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Significant travel may be required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies . Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.