The Nurse Practitioner provides clinical care to patients, based upon his/her specialty training, through an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach that takes into consideration the psychosocial aspects of both health and disease.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analytical and Critical Thinking
* Maintains the standard of clinical care, using diagnostic testing appropriately and providing appropriate treatment
* Considers the psychosocial aspects of both health and disease
* Uses diagnostic testing appropriately yet cost-effectively, and providing appropriate treatment
* Effectively engages patients in their care
Checking, Examining, and Recording
* Maintains complete and comprehensive documentation
* Seeks physician consultation when appropriate
* Demonstrates professionalism and integrity in all aspects of patient care
Compliance, Policy, and Procedure
* Shows meaningful progress toward quality improvement goals
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to work with a multidisciplinary clinical team
* Computer skills including Microsoft office suite, electronic medical records and practice management system
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* Experienced Family Nurse Practitioner with at least 2 years of clinical experience in primary care
* Family Nurse Practitioner with at least 2 years of primary care experience
* Appropriate Maryland licensure and clinical certification, DEA and Maryland CDS, X license
* interest in and/or experience in community health settings
* Experience working in a diverse environment
* Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals required
* Excellent communication and team skills required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Work is typically performed in a clinical and office environment. Travel among Chase Brexton Health Services clinics is required. Exposure to communicable diseases or hazardous material is possible, with little likelihood of harm if established precautions are followed.
* Ability to perform functions normally completed during the course of clinical care (i.e., sitting, standing, fine motor coordination), use of the keyboard for typing or editing of EMR notes, clinically evaluating and communicating plans to patients.
* Must meet FTCA requirements.