Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Title: Integrated Services Engineer
This mid-level position is responsible to manage and facilitate the technical scope required to develop/ implement comprehensive energy efficiency and renewable power conservation measures, with minimal to no oversight. This role will require management responsibility of internal and external resources, in-order-to achieve the required deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to lead technical scope required to develop and construct Integrated Services projects, which may include energy efficiency, renewable/ micro-grid, battery storage and electrification scope(s).
- Performs energy analysis and reviews analysis performed by others
- Perform site audits to identify existing equipment and potential energy opportunities.
- Create studies and proposals with customer information, site pictures, utility-usage data tables & graphs, and descriptions of the various scopes of work.
- Coordinates the work of other engineering disciplines, such as civil, architectural, or structural, to produce a complete design package for bidding. Obtains subcontractor bids. Supports Project Manager (PM) in the bidding process, by issuing bid packages, answering third-party questions, analyzing bids, and making recommendations to PM for award.
- Supports the Project Manager during the construction phase of the project by reviewing submittals and change orders, RFI's; makes recommendations for approval.
- Performs sizing, savings, and layouts for solar and storage scope, as required for development. Utilizes Energy Tool Base, Helioscope, and other tools, as required, to perform preliminary design and analysis of solar projects.
- Prepares and Administers rebate applications, interconnect agreements, and permit applications
- Prepares Energy Conservation Measure (ECM) matrix during development.
- Works with PM to manage technical resources.
- Conduct site walks, interfaces with customers and Account Managers to develop scopes of work.
- Manages and/or oversees the permitting process.
- Produces start-up and commissioning plans for major electrical or mechanical projects and lead the start-up effort if necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 5 or more years of experience. 15 years of directly related experience and education would be a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge on managing utility rebates, incentives, and interconnect applications for various scopes of work.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.