EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Building Engineer
Responsible for Operation, Replacement, Repair and Maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, control systems, plumbing, air handling units, pumps, heat exchangers, expansion joints, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat, cold, and/or noise. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Ensure all preventive maintenance is completed and necessary repair are always made. Ensures that work area/plant is always clean, safe, and that managed/generated utilities meet delivery specifications. Oversees assigned utility mechanics and contractors, routine and preventive maintenance work to ensure work is performed appropriately and in a safe manner. Communicates with EMCOR and Customer operations management teams, tenants/utility system end users, and Business Unit Stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation, replacement, repair, and maintenance of all related mechanical, electrical, control systems, air handling units, pumps, motors, heat exchangers, and expansion joints. Perform Preventive Maintenance Work orders and On Demand Work Orders as assigned.
* The main duties of the position are as follows however additional responsibilities may be assigned or changed.
* Preventive maintenance procedures; inspect and make sure maintenance is being performed properly.
* Maintain the tool department; assets are in good condition and accounted for. Inform supervisor of repairs or replacements needed. Secure and bench stock and spare parts are available after use.
* Maintain water treatment program for all open and closed loop systems and testing daily.
* Engineering areas, physical plant, fan rooms, shop, tool room and storage rooms etc. are kept in clean and neat order.
* Knowledgeable in all areas of safety, including safety equipment, lock out tag out and hazardous material procedures.
* Must have good customer service skills with staff, tenants, vendors and owners.
* Be familiar with roof access to each building, water and gas shutoffs, lighting controls, fire alarm stations, irrigation.
* bulb and ballast replacement
* Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter changes, lubrication, control and performance check. Replace bearings, motors, and dampers
* Perform any additional duties on an as "required" basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations
- Communicates with EMCOR and Customer facility operations management teams, tenants/utility system end users, and Business Unit Stakeholders.
- Operate, Monitor, Adjust, Maintain Building Automation Systems
- Maintain CMMS system and Logbooks
- Oversee work performed by outside contractors on the building
- Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs
- HS Diploma or greater
- Ability to work an on-call rotation
* Minimum of five (5) years' experience in HVAC/facilities engineering field.
* Experience with pharmaceutical lab systems and associated equipment and controls
* Required Mechanical Trades or Trade School certification in location applicable disciplines i.e. HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics, Plumbing, Automation/Controls
* Universal EPA Certification and/or certified or enrolled in an HVAC program preferred
* Strong communication skills required
* Ability to read, write, and communicate in English required
* Journeyman level craftsman in HVAC, Electrical, Hydraulics, Plumbing, or Automation/Controls disciplines
* Reads and interprets Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs), Floor Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams.
* Experience & proven ability to repair building electrical, plumbing, & HVAC auxiliary systems
* Experience & proven ability to safely secure hydronic and electrical systems for maintenance
* Experience & proven ability to Braze/Solder copper pie, thread black pipe
* Basic carpentry skills.
* Strong knowledge of operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, stand by emergency generators
* Familiarity of general building systems i.e. vertical lift equipment, overhead doors.
* Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
* Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
* Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks
* Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
- Understanding and able to troubleshoot office building BMS and operate and inspect Fire Life Safety systems
- Understanding and able to troubleshoot and maintain central plant systems and supporting equipment
- Able to operate, monitor, adjust, and maintain Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Able to troubleshoot/maintain/repair plumbing, Mechanical, minor electrical components/systems
- Able to read Piping & Instrument Drawings (P&IDs), Floor Plans, Site Maps and/or Electrical Diagrams
- Great communication skills needed to interact with customer and tenant accordingly
- Must be able physically perform all operations and maintenance on site. Lift heavy objects, climb ladders, on feet for long periods, work in the cold, heat, noisy, and confined space environments.
4305 Cushing Parkway
Fremont, CA 94538
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled