As a Lexmark Data Scientist you will work as a part of the Global Professional Services team to support Lexmark's Optra and Edge IoT offers. Lexmark's Optra and Edge solutions help customers quickly harness the value of the Internet of Things (IoT), accelerate digital transformation, and realize business outcomes, including operational efficiency, revenue growth and end customer value. This role will work directly with Lexmark's customers to understand their IoT product capabilities and failure modes to create cutting-edge proactive and predictive failure models.
**Must have permanent authorization to work for any employer in the US and not require Lexmark sponsorship now or in the future.
- Work directly with customer's product engineers, data architects, product support and other teams to develop proactive and predictive models that enhance the customer's defined business processes
- Work with cross-functional Lexmark team resources to rapidly develop proof of concepts based on customer provided data
- Work with cross-functional Lexmark team resources to meet or exceed customer project delivery schedule
- Build, test, and deploy new algorithms and models that identify devices at risk for failure
- Blend methodologies from machine learning, applied statistics, and operations research in order to distill complex and disparate data sources into value-added information streams accessible by non-technical staff
- Work with NoSQL, RDBMS, and various AWS and Azure services to build robust applications for data analysis
- Create interactive applications and visualizations that empower our workforce to discover advanced analytics without becoming a data scientist
- Bachelor of Science in Physics, Math, Statistics, Economics, Chemistry, Computer Science or related fields or direct related experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a customer facing Data Scientist.
- Computing programming skills & experience such as; Azure File Storage, Azure Data Bricks, Python, R, SQL/noSQL,
- Demonstrated experience with experimental design, sampling methodology, Bayesian inference, generalized linear models, hierarchical modeling, unsupervised learning (factor analysis/principal components/clustering), time series, survival analysis, shrinkage methods (ridge/lasso), decision trees and deep learning.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites 2-3 times a quarter.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Services - Event Hub, IoT Hub, kafka, Azure Data Lake Gen1 & Gen2, Azure SQL, Azure Synapse (formerly Azure Data Warehouse), Stream Analytics, Azure Message Queue, Power BI, HDInsight Spark Clusters, Azure Synapse Analytics, HDInsight Hive Clusters
- Techniques - jdbc connectors, CI/CD in Azure DevOps or Git
- Proficiency in using visualization tools such as Tableau, Visual Studio, Aqua Data Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, ArcGIS, Qualtrics, and REDCap.
- Microsoft Data Science Virtual Machines (both Windows and Linux CentOS)
* Lexmark does not currently require COVID-19 vaccinations but because Lexmark is a federal contractor, we may in the future be required to comply with Executive Order 14042, which mandates that all U.S. employees of federal contractors be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved accommodation.