Professional Project Services Inc. has upcoming opportunity for Architect III (Direct Hire) positions at our offices in Oak Ridge, TN. Please submit resumes via the web page link below.
Professional Project Services, Inc. (Pro2Serve) is a nationally-recognized multi-disciplined engineering and architectural firm dedicated to providing critical infrastructure design services in support of our Nation's security Contractors. Using a disciplined systems approach that is supported by an innovative software toolset, Pro2Serve provides solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our government and private clients. We support the defense, energy, and science markets through planning, architecture, interior design, engineering, construction management, program management, and design-build of new buildings; as well as expansion, renovation and refurbishment of existing facilities. Our collaborative approach allows us to successfully deliver fully integrated professional services for our clients in a broad range of project types nationwide.
Working under general or no supervision, this role will work closely with the Senior Project Architect, as well as engineering discipline project leads, to design, develop, document, observe, and administer the construction of complex program driven facilities.
- Prepares Architectural conceptual presentations, design drawings and specifications and/or studies.
- Plan, program, and coordinate building design and prepare construction contract documents.
- Gathers information, makes studies, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
- Performs all types of standard and complicated architectural designs in accordance with established standards. Makes modifications, design changes, etc. as needed within defined parameters.
- Researches, programs, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials.
- Coordinates and integrates engineering elements into unified design for client review and approval.
- May direct, supervise, and check activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents for the Conceptual Design Phase, Schematic Design Phase, and/or the Construction Document Phase of a project.
- Directs and assist lower-level Architects, Designers and Drafters as required.
- Works within prescribed budgets and schedules for self and/or individual projects
- Demonstrates ability to get along with coworkers, customers and visitors.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Position requires Bachelor Degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering and typically has 5-15 years minimum relevant experience.
- Licensed Architect in the U.S. or ability to obtain within one (1) year
- Ability to coordinate and lead design team consisting of local and remote team members.
- Ability to perform field/site visits which may include the need to travel (estimated travel time is 10%).
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Design experience of Laboratories, Cleanrooms, Offices, Data Centers, Manufacturing and Industrial Buildings.
- Strong presentation skills with proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, and Photoshop and AutoCAD. Microstation experience is a plus.
- LEED Accredited Professional, preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Knowledge of Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Knowledge of QA/QC process.
Federal Government Clearance:
This position may require the ability to obtain a government clearance. This position may require reviews and test for absence of any illegal drugs along with a background investigation by the Federal government in order to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and may require subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
Affirmative Action Employer-M/F/Vet/Disable/LGBT
Pro2Serve's benefits package was carefully designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
These benefits include:
- Major Medical Plan with Prescription Card, Dental Plan, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Comprehensive Leave
Please submit salary or hourly rate requirements along with resume or in a cover letter.
Oak Ridge, TN area
Affirmative Action Employer: Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity