About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for an NCCER Millwright to work out of our Columbia, SC office. The right candidate will be located within 2 hours of the Columbia office. You must have both a written and performance verified NCCER certification for Millwrights. We are looking for someone that has the NCCER Millwright Trainers certification.
* Reads blueprint and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
* Dismantles machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
* Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
* Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
* Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood, cement and steel.
* Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
* Assembles machines, and bolts, weld, rivet, or otherwise fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
* Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
* Works within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
* Detects, recognizes and responds to dangerous conditions or situations
* Regular attendance is required.
* Significant travel may be required.
* Performs other duties as required.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies . Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.