About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is looking for a Fleet Mechanic in the Wilmington, NC area. This is a local only, 40 hours per week, no per diem position.
Position Requirements and Summary:
* Candidates will be required to pass a drug test, motor vehicle record check, and
criminal background check.
* This is a safety-sensitive position that requires driving company vehicles. To drive our
company vehicles, candidates must be 19 years of age or older and have a valid
* Candidates should be efficient on a computer, organized and reliable.
* Good interpersonal skills. Must be able to effectively resolve both internal and external
issues/ problems/conflicts in a diplomatic manner.
Perform routine and preventative maintenance services along with repairing the various pieces
of rolling stock on the floor such as LP Forklifts, Scooters, Scissor lifts, and electric forklifts.
The expected duties include:
* Perform monthly PM's- Oil changes, lubes, and filters.
* Diagnostic testing and trouble shooting.
* Make necessary repairs
* Manage fleet fitness (safety, maintenance, and repairs) by performing daily/weekly
inspections, tune-ups, and critical repairs on all fleet equipment.
* Perform internal, critical maintenance tasks including wiper blades, oil changes, tire
rotations, mirror repairs, fluid replacement, light replacement, tire inflation, and tread depth
* Coordinate external safety critical work including wind shields, brakes, steering system,
suspension, tire replacement, and electrical systems.
* Respond to emergency work in the field for equipment repair or assistance.
* Provide vehicle/equipment technical support for technicians and management.
* Maintain and update vehicle/equipment maintenance histories.
* Conduct other tasks as assigned. Maintain and update record of maintenance/repairs.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed.
* Observe SIC/Client Safety processes and procedures at all times.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, and warehouses, with frequent
exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to
safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required
PPE equipment. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies . Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.