About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
Southern Industrial is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic Helper for maintenance site in Reading, PA. This is a 40 hour per week and does not offer per diem. There is a $1500 sign on bonus offered, $500 after 90 days of employment and $1000 after 180 days of employment.
High School graduate/ GED and two years' experience related to general maintenance. Supports site maintenance activities through the safe performance of a wide range of manual and skilled labor tasks related to machinery, mechanical equipment, and production machines and equipment.
* Assist with repair and preventive maintenance (PM's) of machinery, mechanical equipment, and production machines and equipment.
* Add coolant and lubricate machines as required.
* Support other maintenance employees as needed.
* Performs other duties as directed by experienced craft personnel.
* Ability to use and operate hand and power tools such as electric drills, air drills, hand wrenches, and other tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
* Knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to plant maintenance and repair work.
* Enter and maintain records in computer, including but not limited to work orders and preventive maintenance records.
* Lift and carry objects of varying weights.
* Restock supplies and materials as necessary.
* Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
* Analyze and resolve work problems.
* Skilled in both written and verbal communication.
* As required, perform safety inspections of work area, equipment and tools, in accordance with SIC policy and safety program.
* Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
* Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies . Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.