CSSI builds peace of mind. Our team is highly trained to provide the best sales, engineering, installation and continual support services for the latest Energy Management Systems. No matter what the challenge, CSSI delivers innovative, efficient solutions. A trusted resource since 1985, our goal is to implement the right solution at the design phase (whether it's an existing building or new construction).
CSSI seeks talented performers and offers a challenging and rewarding work environment that emphasizes teamwork, results, and most importantly honesty and integrity. We value our employees and are committed to attracting highly skilled, talented individuals to join our strong, family-oriented workforce and to help us build on our success.
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Title: BAS/HVAC Application Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience + Benefits
JOB SUMMARY: MSI-CSSI seeks a BAS/HVAC Application Engineer. Application Engineers are responsible for obtaining customer input and sales information to design or re-design Building Automation / HVAC Control Systems as well as develop, test and implement DDC software application programs.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design Building Automation/HVAC Control Systems based on project documents and produce site specific installation drawings along with the selection of appropriate controllers, sensors, and accessories.
- Prepare submittal data and provide all necessary revisions for an approved submittal package.
- Provide Controls or Systems databases, graphics, programming, etc. for sequences as provided by the project specifications, or other applicable sources, for Commercial & Industrial Air Conditioning Systems.
- Communicate with clients and provide high levels of customer service.
- Work with customers on recommendations and best practices for them & their systems.
- Assist Startup Technicians in troubleshooting installation issues during the startup and commissioning of building controls and systems.
- Provide technical support to Project Management and Installation personnel on project sites.
- Provide information and support for other contractors on project site.
- Provide input to the Engineering Department and Sales staff as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Provide input to the Engineering Department and Sales staff as requested or required to assist in building and maintaining Standards in organization and execution of projects and materials.
- Provide Service Department support on upgrades and existing installations to continue meeting existing customer needs and to ensure and recommend efficient building operation.
- Preparation of as-built drawings and Operation & Maintenance Manuals.
- Reports status of projects to company leadership and sales team on a recurring basis.
- Maintain safe work environment on all projects.
- Promote and participate in education and training opportunities that allow the company and its employees to meet stated goals, objectives and business plans.
- Provide junior associates with a "role model" example of the company's business and work ethic as delineated in MSI's Mission Statement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two-year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred or applicable field experience. An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is preferred.
- Application of DDC Controls or Graphics Engineering of 5 years in a Building Automation environment is preferred.
- Other technical experience such as military, on the job training programs, etc. may meet this requirement as determined by management.
- An understanding and appreciation of HVAC, control systems, and related supporting utilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of customer service, and standard office practices and procedures.
- Proficient knowledge or Microsoft Office.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- An understanding of Commercial & Industrial Air Conditioning, including the operation of Water Pumps, all types of Chillers, Central Station Air Handling Systems, Water & Air Cooling Direct expansion systems such as large Rooftop Package, Either Water of Air Cooled, A minimum of Fan/Pump Laws in order to make proper instrumentation selections.
- An understanding of computer operating systems including MS Office Suite of products including Visio.
- An understanding of computer networking and configuring of systems to communicate on customers computer networks and be able to troubleshoot any networking issues that arise.
- The understanding of process transmitters for pressure, temperature, Flow, Co2, CO, and other gasses, the transmitter ranges versus the signal of 4-20mA, 0-10vdc, 2-10vdc, and input A/D scaling for proper resolution and instrument selection.
- The ability to configure and debug computer and software related problems.
- Alerton ACE Certified, Niagara AX Certified, Niagara 4 Certified is preferred.
- An understanding of HVAC operations within and how they interact with overall building performance, Including Centrifugal pumps, Chillers, Air Handling Units, Control Valves and all ancillary devices related to control of Commercial/Industrial Mechanical systems
- The ability to work with electronic equipment such as volt meters, amp meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Mechanical aptitude and hands on attitude. Ability to "figure things out" through research and drive.
- Advanced analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to get to and from jobsites as needed.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Ability to pass a background/drug screening for projects
- Each employee has a responsibility for their own safety, the safety of their co-workers, and the community in which they are operating.
- In the performance of duties and responsibilities, you are expected to observe all safety, health, and loss prevention rules, practices, and procedures, as well as specific instructions related to the safe and efficient performance of your work.
- An effective and viable safety, health, and loss prevention program will be attained only when all employees are safety conscious and keenly aware, both mentally and physically, of the potential hazards of your environment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
An undergraduate degree in Electrical or Mechanical related studies is preferred (preferred)
5 years: Application of DDC Controls or Graphics Engineering of 5 years in a Building Automation environment is preferred (preferred)
2 years: Two-year technical degree in HVAC or Electronics related studies preferred or applicable field experience (preferred)