Fire Protection Engineer, Gigafactory Texas
|Job Category||Construction & Facilities|
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect What You'll Do
Tesla is seeking a Fire Protection Engineer at our Gigafactory in Austin, TX.
What You'll Bring
- Ensure the Fire Protection System is in compliance with all local & federal regulations and NFPA codes.
- Maintain Fire System Network trouble and supervisory log with corrective actions.
- Liaison with local Authority Having Justification (AHJ) such as: Local Fire Department.
- Review Life Safety Drawings (AutoCAD, PDF, etc.).
- Develop and maintain site Life Safety System (LSS) maintenance records, inspections reports and procedures, SAT.
- Ensure the LSS System is in compliance with all local & federal regulations and NFPA codes.
- Support LSS design, install and testing of new equipment.
- Drive a level of quality that meets or exceeds acceptable industry standards for design, safety, and functionality
- Support Fire and LSS design, install and testing of new equipment.
- Assist in the commissioning of fire alarm, fire suppression, smoke control, and life safety systems
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in fire protection engineering/technology, controls, electrical engineering or related engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience and sufficient fire prevention knowledge and skills
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist, preferred
- Fire and Life Safety System Engineering experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques and risk analysis methods such as FMEA is a plus
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with fire controls systems and life safety controls system is a plus
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation and ability to take ownership for issue resolution
- Expert knowledge of fire protection systems
- Ability to analyze existing systems and associated monitoring equipment to troubleshoot and resolve problems
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site (free step by step ). Please contact for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.