Business Development Manager - North America
The North America Business Development Manager is responsible for managing, executing pricing and pricing approvals for Lexmark products (hardware, supplies, services, and solutions) based on Pricing, Profitability and GTM strategies.
This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Director, Finance & Strategic Pricing, Americas.
Key responsibilities include:
Manage and Execute Pricing Strategies
- Working closely with the sales and marketing organizations to develop / improve and enact competitive pricing strategies. Analyze data related to return on investment (ROI) for new and existing programs, promotions and special bids and ascertain more effective ways to reach partner and / or end customer segments and gain market share.
Analyze, Develop and / or Improve Revenue and Pricing Models
- Leading processes and activities related to forecasting revenue information to exhibit the potential impact of various pricing strategies, including their effect on margins and costs, how it will impact profitability and sales volume and recommendations on price action(s) necessary.
- Assessing data from a variety of defined sources, utilizing it to derive insights, validating pricing strategies and market trends. Use of quantitative and qualitative methods to analyze competitor pricing, assess margins, and track partner, customer engagement to gain a complete picture on effectiveness of pricing strategies as it relates to Lexmark's offerings (via 2 tier Channel or Direct End Customer).
Use and Improve Pricing Systems, Tools & Processes
- Utilizing enterprise quote management systems and tools (CRM, CPQ) to quickly respond to changing partner and / customer needs and executing to price approvals promptly, including working closely with extended team members (Shared Services Center outside the NA mainland).
- Leading projects to streamline pricing activities to optimize the Lead to Finalized Quote processes as it relates to programs, promotions, and special bids.
Present Findings / Recommendations to Key Stakeholders
- Present findings to Financial Planning, Sales, and Marketing senior management through monthly or quarterly reviews. Requires translation of complex data into actionable strategies and techniques to drive sales and enhance marketing efforts. Prepare both written reports and visual presentations to share findings.
- Collaborate with FP&A team members during Financial Planning process to incorporate guidance and target into the pricing models for execution.
- Analytical thinking - able to successfully examine and assess data from a variety of sources, ranging from competitor pricing data to customer segment profiles and cost / financial data.
- Excellent mathematical skills - able to derive insights from multiple data sources and utilize them to develop pricing, revenue and profitability models and provide pricing advice to key stakeholders (Sales, Marketing and Finance Planning).
- Team collaboration - strong collaborator and coordinator, able to work closely, as a Business Partner to Sales, Marketing, and Financial Planning teams to determine and set prices.
- Financial forecasting - develop a range of forecasts and profitability models to assist key stakeholders with setting and modifying prices, including margin forecasts that reflect seasonal and promotional pricing strategies.
- Problem-solving skills - effective in devising solutions to drive profitability and support revenue and market share goals.
- Communication skills - solid written and verbal communicator, able to present their findings through reports and presentations to Executive management.
- Produce deliverable with little supervision, accurate and on time.
- Pro-active, able to anticipate and serve evolving Business Partner needs.
- Efficient with time management and have a sense of urgency.
- Handle fast paced and constantly changing environment - business processes / requirements, systems / tools, and people.
- Introduce and enable Continuous improvements.
- Positive energizer.
- Minimum 5 -7 years' experience, competency with analyzing, structuring, implementing and systematically executing pricing program, promotions, and special bids.
- MBA a plus; Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or equivalent.
- Proven advanced analytical and data mining skills. Maintaining, enhancing, or building and interpreting complex Microsoft Excel / Access pricing, profitability & financial data models (partner, customer, segments etc.).
- Hands on experience with front-end Microsoft Dynamics CRM / PRM and CPQ systems a plus.
- Experience with enterprise-wide revenue management systems e.g., PROS, Vendavo.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and train remote resources in a multi-cultural, multi-national environment.
- Involvement in or development of organization change models.