We are seeking a Full-Time, Exempt Senior Training Specialist with a background in training management,
organization development, facilitation, instructional design, and training administration.
The Sr. Training Specialist will be responsible for high quality delivery, planning and administration of training and development
programs/initiatives in partnership with the Training Manager and Operations partners. This individual will work to ensure that all Cedar Point
associates are provided with the training resources and support needed to succeed and meet the standards required by Cedar Fair.
- Partner with Training Manager and resort-wide stakeholders on the delivery of enterprise-wide compliance and training programs including, but not limited to, onboarding, orientation, development, OSHA compliance and OJT requirements.
- Collaborate with all levels of leadership and associates, across all Cedar Point properties, to ensure training communication, execution, and completion.
- Facilitate content and adapt course facilitation/delivery methods based on industry best practices and the needs of the group. Ensure that KPIs/objectives are established for each course and that data is collected to justify and showcase ROI.
- Assist with administration and maintenance of training software and Learning Management Systems, ensuring course completion tracking and compliance.
- Work in collaboration with the Training Manger to determine and address skill/knowledge gaps, development opportunities and/or division specific needs including leadership, soft-skill, hard-skill, and technical training. Oversee the development of associated production materials including manuals, instruction aides, facilitation guides, participant guides and handouts.
- Support the Training Manager in executing reviews, evaluations and audits of internal and corporate course content to ensure effective delivery in accordance with Cedar Point training standards.
- Work with the Training Manager to align training, organization development and leadership programming to strategic initiatives/priorities and Cedar Fair expectations.
- Participate in structured learning/development experiences and stays abreast of the latest tools and trends in Learning and Development to assist in developing best-in-class offerings.
- Assist in coaching novice Trainers and Instructors based on set standards of delivery with additional guidance and support from the Training Manager and Operational Leaders.
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources training, leadership development, organization development, teacher training and/or adult learning environments
- Proven knowledge of adult learning theory and data-driven instructional design
- Previous experience with Human Resources Information Systems and/or Learning Management Systems
- Previous experience developing and delivering a diverse range of training materials including orientation/onboarding, on-the-job, soft-skill, hard-skill and technical training across a broad spectrum of participants and stakeholders (from entry level to Sr. leadership)
- Experience with content authoring and eLearning development
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with the Training Team to execute on project assignments and tasks
- Professional rapport and ability to partner successfully with associates at all levels across the organization
- Ability to utilize problem-solving skills, including having the ability to remain patient, poised, and alert to cope with challenging/unique situations
- Degree in Organization Development, Human Resources, Education, or Leadership/Management preferred, but not required
- Abilityto work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company is an equal opportunity employer. A work permit may be required for associates under the age of 18. Applicants must be legally eligible for employment in the United States and in accordance with state laws. Cedar Fair also conducts background checks on all applicants 18 years of age and older.