Business Management Associates, Inc. (BMA) Integrating People and Process Through Service, with a strategic emphasis on integrating people and process, and proven, documented project management methodology for internal and external management while maintaining a strategic and financial focus on an organizations most important component it's people;
"Love Thy Customer; Love Thy Work; Love Thy System"
Business Management Associates (BMA) is seeking a Human Resources Specialist (Workforce Training and Development) for training development on a full range of staffing and pay setting techniques. Experience in delivering training on the concepts to improve the human resources staff competencies and their impact to the agency.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provide a detailed PMP and briefing for the project team, which presents the plan for completing the task order. Plan shall be responsive and describe, in further detail, the approach to be used. Keep the PMP up to date.
- Shall design, deliver, and have the capability to conduct up to eight (8) onsite training sessions. The eight (8) four-hour onsite sessions will be for up to 50 Human Resources staff participants. The training shall be designed using a standard instructional systems design approach and should also include agency approved coordinating training materials for agency personnel. The training sessions shall, at a minimum, include the following concepts:
- Basic Staffing Course, 1 session, 4 hours, up to 50 participants,
- Understand the basis for the federal merit system
- Describe staffing processes in the federal government
- Assess minimum qualifications using OPM's Qualifications Standards
- Apply requirements for certifying best-qualified candidates in competitive and noncompetitive processes
- Learn how to assist managers and supervisors in recruiting and retaining top talent
- Ensure interviews are a positive extension of the staffing process
- Apply the procedures that must be followed for a legal selection
- Identify pay-setting options for recruitment and salary negotiation
- Basic Federal Pay Setting Course, 1 session, 4 hours, up to 50 participants
- Explain GS pay-setting policies and requirements
- Apply pay-setting rules and requirements that encompass the federal pay-setting cycle
- Set pay for a wide variety of personnel actions
- Advanced Staffing Course, 1 session, 4 hours, up to 50 participants
- Devise alternative solutions to recruiting challenges
- Research and use all available resource and reference material, including legal and regulatory issuances
- Assess minimum qualifications using the General Schedule Qualification Standards
- Evaluate a candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies
- Apply concepts of time-in-grade and time-after-competitive appointment restrictions
- Apply merit promotion and other in-service procedures
- Advanced Pay Setting, 1 session, 4 hours, up to 50 participants
- Learn how to set and administer pay for employees under the General Schedule (GS)
- Implement and apply the complex array of rules and requirements to:
- New appointments
- Reinstatement and reassignments
- Transfers and conversions
- Promotions and changes to lower grade
- Pay changes
- Recruitment, relocation, and retention incentives
- Grade and pay retention and severance pay
- Movement between pay systems
- Provide post class assessments, which will be delivered to a designated agency representative in a sealed envelope after each session.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated training sessions for 50+ participants
- Experience writing a PMP and briefing
- Demonstrated understanding of the training materials
- Experience with classroom assessment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred and five+ years workforce training development experience.
At BMA, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. BMA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which BMA has facilities. BMA believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.