Geosyntec is growing in the Kennesaw, Georgia area and we are looking for a Remediation Engineer or Scientist for our contaminated site assessment and remediation practices in the Kennesaw, GA office. If you're looking for a place where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals - Geosyntec is the place for you!
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project and task management, including planning and implementing remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Performing and managing contaminated site assessments, remedy evaluation, including preparing investigation work plans, feasibility studies, removal action work plans, remedy design, and remedy implementation;
- Performing and managing site assessment fieldwork, pilot and bench-scale programs for soil, soil vapor, and groundwater technologies;
- Preparing remediation action plans for soil, soil vapor, and groundwater remediation projects including drawings, engineering analyses and calculations, and technical specifications;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, plans, and proposals; and,
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, sediment sampling and characterization, drilling oversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 25%
- Overnight travel: Up to 25%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in geology or environmental engineering. (preferred)
- Professional registration (i.e., P.E, P.G.) (preferred)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 5 years of experience in an environmental consulting environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with feasibility study, remedy selection and design, specifically in situ remediation technologies. (required)
- Experience with vapor intrusion evaluation or mitigation system design/operation. (preferred)
- Experience with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. (preferred)
- Experience planning for and leading soil, groundwater, and surface water investigation events.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.