Are you looking for a home for the best years of your career, where you can contribute to a dynamic innovative firm, tackle challenging project work, and collaborate with industry recognized professionals? Geosyntec is the place for you! We are seeking an exceptional Experienced Remediation Engineer or Geologist to help grow our contaminated site assessment and remediation practices in our Kennesaw, Georgia office. Apply your engineering skills to innovative and challenging environmental projects including the financial and technical evaluation, detailed design, permitting, and construction of soil and groundwater remedial actions, while further developing the business skills needed for a successful consulting career.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluating various technologies to select a remedial strategy for project sites;
- Developing remediation system designs, feasibility studies, remedial action plans for soil and groundwater projects;
- Preparing technical reports, letters, memoranda, remedial design to address contaminated soil, groundwater, and sediment under a variety of regulatory programs;
- Overseeing the implementation of projects using in situ and ex situ remedial technologies;
- Assessing progress and site suitability for bioremediation;
- Task and project management, including planning and implementing investigation and remediation projects, budgeting and budget management, adherence to schedule, quality, client satisfaction, and profitability;
- Business development; including leading proposal preparation, and developing and implementing a business development plan;
- Management and mentoring of junior staff;
- Coordinating and managing remediation subcontractors and vendors; and,
- At times, job may also include fieldwork including multi-media environmental sampling, sediment sampling and characterization, drilling oversight, contractor oversight, and remediation system operations, maintenance, and construction.
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec's culture. You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals who will help integrate you into Geosyntec's culture as you advance to this next stage of your career. Based on your current level of experience, you may be asked to take on task-level or project management responsibilities, along with business development, and staff management and mentoring tasks.
Here are some other things you should know about this position:
- Training: This position requires OSHA/MSHA health and safety, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including technical conferences, in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants.
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and initiative.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, geology, or related field. (required)
- Advanced degree in engineering or geology. (preferred)
- Professional registration. (i.e., P.G. or P.E.) (required)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 7 years of direct environmental consulting experience; with a focus on investigation and remediation of soil and groundwater contamination; or equivalent combination of education and experience. (required)
- Experience with feasibility studies, remedy selection and design, specifically in situ remediation technologies. (required)
- Ability to lead and organize field work and office work that is divided among a team, while reporting out to clients with a suitable level of detail. (required)
- Experience with sediment remediation. (preferred)
- Experience with vapor intrusion evaluation and mitigation system design. (preferred)
- Excellent ability leadership skills. (required)
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed. (required)
- Current OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER training and refreshers. (preferred)
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel. (required)
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including minorities, females, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, and gender identity.