The O'Maley College of Business at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach is seeking applicants for a faculty member with a specialization in entrepreneurship and/or innovation. Successful candidates will demonstrate subject matter expertise in the relevant fields, evidence of teaching excellence at the nexus of traditional and experiential learning, skill engaging students through active and collaborative learning and demonstrated scholarship potential. We seek candidates who are excited about collaborating with existing faculty and other stakeholders on campus to expand an innovative and regionally engaged entrepreneurship ecosystem, with particular preference for scholars who have interacted closely with entrepreneurs. Rank is negotiable based on experience and background. Tenure-track or non-tenure-track appointment is also possible.
Location: O'Maley College of Business, Daytona Beach, Florida
Anticipated Start Date: January 4, 2023 but negotiable
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and teach graduate and undergraduate courses in innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship.
- Engage in scholarly research leading to publication in quality journals.
- Collaborate with existing faculty to provide oversight and expansion of curricular and co-curricular educational programming, development and stewardship of partnerships and active outreach to those on campus and throughout the region entrepreneurial ecosystem as part of the O'Maley College of Business Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
- Collaborate toward developing and hosting student-centric programming across the different stages of an entrepreneurship pipeline, for those not solely with ideas and businesses to develop, but also a more general interest in entrepreneurial thinking and mindset.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation programming (curricular and co-curricular) in the O'Maley College of Business.
- Assist the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship in identifying and implementing cross-campus collaboration and program development opportunities.
- Engage with professionals in the regional business community supporting entrepreneurial development.
- Support and promote Entrepreneurship as a Center for Excellence within the O'Maley College of Business.
Rank and tenure determination commensurate with qualifications. In general:
- A Masters or Doctorate related to business, entrepreneurship, marketing or similar field with teaching and research interests related to entrepreneurship. We are willing to consider applications from ABDs, provided the doctoral degree is completed within one year of starting the position.
- Preference for individuals with experience in technical entrepreneurship & innovation and for scholars who have a record of interacting closely with entrepreneurs and venture capital organizations.
- Record of excellent teaching and academic experience in entrepreneurship; professional business experience also considered.
- Previous background in the aviation/aerospace industry is not required but would be a plus. The successful candidate is expected over time to align their professional expertise with the interests and focus on the University.
Interested individuals should apply online and submit a cover letter, copy of your current Curriculum Vitae, copy of your transcript (unofficial is acceptable with application), and contact information for three references.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University recognizes the value of diversity and is dedicated to fostering a positive climate in which all students, faculty, and staff are encouraged in their professional, social, and intellectual pursuits. Embry-Riddle is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals. The University does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.