About Us: EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Site Manager
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services seeks a qualified Site Manager Germantown, MD. Candidate must maintain or be able to obtain a Q Level clearance (equivalent to Top Secret).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the front-line manager on site
- Proactively Interacts with the customer to understand changing needs and requirements
- Takes direct ownership and hands on Leadership for High Visibility and Critically Important Projects to ensure smooth and complete delivery and firsthand communication throughout the process
- Provide adequate and timely updates to customer and EMCOR leadership for any building related emergency
- All building related emergencies will require the Chief of Operations be readily available and be on site during all major events
- Evaluates the costs of any given work requirement within a specific timeframe
- Tracks costs, develops budgets, and ensures project timelines are met
- Represent EMCOR at the costumers weekly site operations meeting by being prepared and knowledgeable of all aspects of the building operation
- Represent EMCOR at the Sr. DOE weekly call by being prepared and knowledgeable of all aspects of your facility, the contract requirements and the data being presented and analyzed by the client
- Conducts daily reviews of open service orders and takes corrective actions to eliminate late service orders
- Ensures maintenance activities are completed in compliance with contract standards
- Ensures the successful and timely completion of all work requirements
- Oversee the completion of preventative maintenance, service calls
- Submits documentation to the client when work exceeds the firm fixed price limits of the contract.
- Conducts daily reviews of open PM work orders and take corrective action to eliminate late PM's
- Conducts a minimum of one team meeting per week per shift to review late and open tickets, perform the toolbox talks and drive performance and communication
- Develops work shift schedules
- Reviews service reports from subcontractors and service vendors
- Ensures that any change in shift coverage for mandatory positions is reported at the start of each shift via email to the building manager and the COR
- Send a daily building status report to the client each morning
- Resolves disputes between team members
- Supervises the installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment/systems
- Conducts daily technician and work order review meetings
- Coordinates outages and special events with designated shifts to ensure work is completed timely and properly.
- Responded to all corresponding emails and phone calls 24 hours per day 7 days per week.
- Negotiates with team members to generate ideas and clarify procedures
- Delegates tasks as necessary to staff
- Develops reports to determine work status, key performance indicators and other metrics
- Uploads documents into the O drive into each applicable folder/sub-folder
- Runs updated reports on open service and PM work orders
- Ensuring adequate inventory and stock is maintained within the shop
- Submit weekly reports to the Program Manager by noon every Monday
- Submits accurate shift schedules to the client every Monday
- Displays excellent problem solving and leadership skills
- Identifies and procures necessary resources
- Recruits' maintenance and administrative staff
- Conducts performance reviews and issues counseling records as needed
- Review internally, the PM schedule from Maximo
- Drive the following PM schedule tasks to closure:
- Correct and make date changes
- Make changes to assigned technician
- Review and balance workload among staff
- Submit changes to CMMS Admin for dump and load changes
- Submit monthly PM schedule to the client
- Reviews and tracks any asset add/deletes that need to be documented in Maximo for quarterly reconciliation.
- Responsible for the Profit/Loss of the site by controlling labor, material, subcontractor, and all other direct/indirect costs
- Reviews financial reports weekly to ensure financial performance standards are met to include the following:
- Open PO Report
- Overtime Labor Report
- 13-month Operating Statement
- WIP Report
- Expense and/or GL report
- Provide adequate supervision and oversight on all purchase requisitions
- Reviews and signs purchase requisitions
- Proactively communicates with management in any event when budget actuals may exceed forecasts.
- Provide input and changes to budget forecast 3 times per year
- Submit any labor deductions due to vacant mandatory positions to billing no later than the 2nd of the following month
- Review the Open PO report with your administrative personnel every Monday to ensure that POs are being received or reconciled in accordance with company policy
- Review and approve timesheets prior to payroll being submitted weekly.
- Establishes through a hands-on Leadership presence a Safety-First Culture
- Conducts In Person Monthly Toolbox Talks across each shift
- Ensure that every member of the operations team has attended the Monthly Toolbox Talk and has signed the roster
- Conducts safety training as needed
- Ensures that all staff follows safety guidelines
- Reviews PTPG filled out and turned in by technicians
- Must have a related certification from an accredited institution or 5 years equivalent working experience with demonstrated understanding to operate electrical, HVAC and mechanical systems
- Must be able to obtain a Q Level clearance (equivalent to Top Secret).
- Must be experienced in the operation and maintenance of a 24/7 mission critical facility, operating energy management control systems.
- Must have HVAC/electrical experience and experience supervising multi-skilled technicians.
- Must be experienced interacting with customers.
- Basic knowledge of office administration, plant management, reporting, budgeting and control, and business operations, blueprints, buildings, grounds, equipment, housekeeping, construction, repair, maintenance, purchasing, inventory control, fire, safety management, BOCA & OSHA codes.
- Must have knowledge of submitting written proposals, scopes of work, scheduling and coordinating site contractors and other assigned personnel to include a thorough understanding of preventive maintenance schedules and operations and the ability to meet demanding customer requirements.
- Must have the ability to work with the customer to find amiable solutions to difficult issues.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Periodic reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Climbing ladders
- Use of tools
- Lifting and handling of materials in the performance of repairs and maintenance
EMCOR Government Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Government Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.