Requisition Number = Gary - M-2022-06-003Maintenance Technician - Gary, IN (1st &2nd Shift)
Apply Now Description/Job Summary
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN, GARY, IN
1st and 2nd shifts
Shift schedules: Monday - Friday (1st shift) 5:00am - 3:00pm (2nd shift) 2:45pm - 1:00am
WE OFFER A $2,000.00 SIGN ON BONUS
We offer a competitive salary range of $27.00 - $31.00 per hour based on experience and skill set.
A variety of benefits are also available, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, as well as Signode's 401(k) program.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and make necessary repairs on machinery during mechanical or electrical breakdown situations in a timely manner.
- Work with Maintenance Manager and Shift Supervisor to schedule and/or perform any preventative or regular maintenance.
- Ensure machine productivity and quality after repairs, changeovers, and extended down time
- Assist in clearing machine jams
- Test equipment to verify proper working order
- Assist production in whatever the needed capacity (within trained knowledge) to ensure that quality and productivity standards and goals are met.
- Immediately notify Shift Supervisor and Maintenance Manager of any and all Safety issues or concerns that may put production employees at risk for injury, to include rectifying immediate dangers with approval of management. This also includes "near miss" situations.
- Check and inspect assigned equipment during preventative maintenance. Reports findings to supervisor and takes appropriate action
- Notify Production Supervisor and/or Maintenance Manager of any production quality issues along with corrective actions taken, or ideas for countering issues.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in the organization, management and upkeep of shop and parts inventory.
- Perform basic, simple (as needed) repairs on forklifts to maintain production levels.
- Perform "project" work and any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, use and understand gauges, tools and instruments relating to product quality and equipment repair
- High mental and visual effort required
- Ability to perform basic math skills including, but not limited to: Addition, Subtraction, Division, and Multiplication
- Must have sound knowledge and experience in Industrial Maintenance environment with repair and troubleshooting machine issues and breakdowns along with general maintenance.
- Must have a good working knowledge of electricity and troubleshooting electrical issues.
- Knowledge and experience with PLCs, drives is preferred.
- Must have experience in welding with MIG and/or arc welder.
- Experience driving forklifts and scissor-lifts is preferred.
- Lathe operation experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Must have good communication skills throughout all levels of the organization.
- Willingness to work rotating shifts on a continuous seven-day cycle
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HRRecruiting@signode.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.