Truck Country, Inc., a dealership group with 25 locations across the Midwest is a full-service repair shop that includes: preventative maintenance, chassis and engine repair, DOT inspections, and diagnostics.
Current openings for 1st & 2nd shift technicians:
- 2 Years Experience Required
- Medium and heavy-duty truck technicians
- Transmission specialists
- Cummins certified
- Detroit, Freightliner, and Western Star certified
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnostic on medium/heavy duty trucks
- Perform repairs on medium/heavy duty trucks
- Successfully relay findings of diagnostic or repairs and translate to digital notes
- Locate info on trucks using company supplied laptop and diagnostic equipment
- Perform, complete, and retain training opportunities
Skills and Qualifications:
- Medium / heavy duty truck technician
- Basic computer skills
- Power & hand tool experience
- Possess the ability to work as an individual, as well as a team
- Ability to clean up after yourself and possess the want to work in an organized environment
- Possess communication skills to successfully relay findings of diagnostic or repairs; and translate to digital notes
- Paid Time Off--80 Hours in the first year!
- Overtime after 40 hours!
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401K with Employer match
- $50,000 company paid Life Insurance Policy
- Uniforms provided and cleaned at no charge
- Work Boot allowance
- Prescription Safety Glasses allowance
- Friendly work environment
- Additional income available. (Safety Bonus, Online Training Modules, Top Tech Competition)Ideal candidates will have previous experience as a technician, with the ability to display knowledge of diesel and gas engines, and repair procedures.
Truck Country / Stoops Freightliner-Quality Trailer is one of the largest Freightliner dealership groups in the U.S. today, serving customers at locations in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Wisconsin. For nearly 60 years, Truck Country/Stoops has offered new and used medium and heavy-duty trucks, expert service, an extensive parts inventory, and convenient financing options.
Truck Country / Stoops Freightliner-Quality Trailer is part of McCoy group, Inc., which was founded in 1958 by Robert McCoy in Shullsburg, WI. Today the company is still family-owned and is operated in the leadership of the McCoy family.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer - Qualified women, minorities and people with disabilities encouraged to apply.
If any questions please call 1-800-251-9569, then option#2 for the recruiting department.