The National Restaurant Association and National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation are proud to be part of a highly respected industry, providing hospitality, opportunity and quality of life. And much like the industry we represent, we have a dynamic, diverse and inclusive culture, grounded in trust, hospitality, collaboration and innovation. These are the core values that inspire our work, and what we're looking for from a Facilities Project Lead.
As part of a dynamic organization, works with departmental leadership to develop and implement strategic processes and practices to increase the impact and effectiveness of the Facilities Management function. Manage moderately complex facilities projects, including capital renovations, new construction, program implementation, and documentation. Oversee and coordinate DC & Chicago event spaces, including developing and implementing appropriate usage policies. Ensure timely and relevant communications across the organization on all issues relating to Office Services and Facilities. Occasional night and weekend work as required. Eligible to work from home part-time, workload permitting.
- Responsible for oversite and execution of ad hoc facilities projects in a corporate environment, including working with internal customers to understand their needs, development of project requirements and design documents, obtaining quotes and proposals, planning and coordinating the work with project vendors/contractors, ensuring adherence to plans and specifications, and preparing status reports and other relevant communications;
- Support Sr. Director in development and execution of strategic projects, including oversite of project budgets, drafting of RFPs, coordinating work by contractors, collaborating with cross-functional teams, managing project communications, punch list management and project close-out;
- Primary responsibility for development and distribution of departmental communications, including annual customer satisfaction survey, policy announcements, project updates, and other departmental announcements. Ensures staff are updated in a timely manner on all relevant departmental activities and initiatives;
- Plays lead role in the drafting, development and oversite of departmental policy and procedural documents, on an ongoing basis. Manages key Facilities information - including asset data, vendor contracts, construction documents, etc. - to ensure it is accurate, organized, up-to-date and accessible to the team via iOffice (IWMS) or shared network storage, as appropriate;
- With department leadership, develop and administer a new facilities master plan for all locations;
- Work closely with Sr. Director and Sr. Manager of Facilities to implement Facility Management best practices that will help take the department to the next level;
- Serve as primary venue coordinator for DC & Chicago office event spaces, representing the interests of the facility and ensuring all events meet organizational standards. Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing event space policies and procedures, including COVID safety protocols;
- Management of venue schedules and approved vendor lists;
- Management of event organizer needs, including responding to event requests and vetting for relevance, answering venue related questions, providing tours, ensuring proper completion of all paperwork and contracts, and overseeing event execution and post-event wrap up;
- Management and maintenance of overall venues and venue equipment, including A/V equipment, and ensuring proper care and usage of all venue property
- Perform other duties as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply for our job openings. This commitment supports our policy of developing and capitalizing on the abilities of all our team members, as well as selecting, developing and promoting those who are best qualified.