C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at:
C3 AI is looking for software engineers (at all levels, from early professional to lead/principal) to join the rapidly growing Type System team within the Platform Engineering department. Level and corresponding job title will be determined based on experience and interview performance.
As a Python engineer in the Type System Team,
- You will own the C3 Type System, the core abstraction layer, and the building block for the entire C3 AI Suite and all C3 applications.
- You will build the Python language software development toolkit (SDK) that allows internal and external developers to access the C3 Type System from Python.
- You will own the execution engine for Python, allowing seamless and performant integration of Python code into the C3 AI Suite.
- You will take ownership of components, collaborate to drive technical direction, and work on interesting, impactful projects.
- You will accelerate your career in a leading enterprise AI company on a hyper-growth trajectory.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Passion for the Python programming language.
- Enjoy learning Python language internals and advanced language features.
- Strong competency in object-oriented programming, data structures, and algorithms.
- Enjoy working with abstract concepts and finding elegant, rigorous solutions to complex problems.
- Understanding of software development principles and design patterns.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, tools, and standard methodologies.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Intellectually curious and open to challenges.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and value end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Knowledge of language internals of Python.
- Experience with Java.
- Experience with advanced language features and techniques such as metaprogramming and code generation.
- Experience with static Python code analysis and Abstract Syntax Tree (AST) libraries.
- Experience with inter-process communication (IPC) mechanisms such as socket (over the network), shared memory, memory-mapped file, and named pipe.
- Experience with data serialization formats such as JSON, msgpack, pickle, Apache Arrow, and protocol buffers.
- Experience creating Domain Specific Languages.
- Experience using tools and frameworks such as ANTLR, Rhino, JEP (Java Embedded Python), and py4j.
- Experience with popular package managers for Python (pip, conda, mamba).
- Experience with end-to-end development of Python packages.
- Understanding of how compilers work.
C3 AI provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink, and music, and a fun team of great people.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3 IoT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.