At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.What you will be responsible for:
The Systems Manager/Product Owner is responsible for maintaining the Legal/Compliance/Enterprise Risk Management (LCERM) production environment and for evaluating and implementing new technology and information services solutions for the Division. Primary responsibilities include acting as Senior LCERM liaison with Global Investment Technology (GIT), maintaining a reliable production computing environment, and evaluating, upgrading, and replacing current technology and workflow to improve operational efficiency and controls. As a Product Owner, working with key stakeholders to develop the departmental technology product(s) vision. Works as part of an Agile team to develop a roadmap for the product(s), translates business needs and requirements, and directs the agile team to the product vision.
- Participate in the successful implementation and delivery of a suite of products, including implementations and enhancements. Works in partnership with internal technology team and other business partners.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop product vision and convey the vision to the Agile team and the organization. Serves as primary communicator between stakeholders and the team, utilizing feedback loops to ensure continuous sharing of information.
- Engage with business and technology leaders to understand strategy, articulate solution options, evaluate tradeoffs and influence key decisions.
- Establish product roadmap that defines a strategic view of where the product is headed over the mid to long term.
- Build alignment with key stakeholders to secure support for product roadmap and ensure continuous validation of features and stories.
- Establish product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Ensure the development team understands items in the backlog to the level needed, plan iterations, and ensure user stories meet standards.
- Establish a consistent reporting method to the team and to senior management on initiatives and the roadmap.
- Develop clear acceptance criteria that guide the team to producing "done" increments. Create a uniform definition of "done".
- Actively manages external dependencies and impediments that could impact the team's completion of Release/Sprint Goals.
- Participates in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning).
- Continually enhances knowledge of systems, products, and industry.
- Participates in the internal Product Owner Community of Practice to exchange knowledge, skills and ideas with people across the organization.
- Partners with the Scrum Master to manage budget.
- Stays current with emerging technologies, product updates, industry, and market trends.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Master's degree or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of ten years' experience required, experience in the financial services/investment management industry preferred.
- Experience as a Product Owner or Architect required, experience on an Agile team strongly preferred. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred.
- Strong understanding of the product SharePoint and the needs of the business.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with writing effective user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills and ability to partner with IT and business partners.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization and external suppliers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision, linked for your reference.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Click here to view the EEO is the Law poster and supplement.